Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
If you will let me take a moment of your time some of you may have notice I havent been here as much recently. I noticed there were a lot of threads that I didn't even look at much less respond at.

no I'm not leaving ;)

Lemme explain.......my life the last 8 days have been crazy which took me away from here

I have a younger sister (4 yrs younger) who has 3 kids (10,8,3). Well my sister had some issues. First her car was stolen on the 5th. So I had to take her to work (we work together) but last Friday hell began

She got a notice to vacate her house. Her landlord (she rented a house) wanted to raise the rent 175 bucks so he said "sign the lease or leave" (yes he gave the 30 day notice). She didnt want to sign so she got a 24hr notice to vacate which became a 18 hr notice since it was on the door at 11AM and we didnt get home until 5. She talked to the landlord who gave her 48 hrs. So Sat/Sun was moving her and the kids out.

Now my sister isn't a saint by no means. She has borrowed money from my dad, mom, grandparents, friends, etc and never pays anyone back so most of them wont really help out money wise. I have no money so she can't ask me. But she didn't know where she was going to live especially with 48 hr notice. So I said to stay here with me. We kinda get along but she likes to party and I don't. So Sunday night they stayed in a hotel but Monday I said they could stay here. I have a 2bedroom townhouse with big basement so my sister and the 2 younger ones slept downstairs on the queen mattress and me and the oldest slept upstairs on the king mattress

Monday the cops called and they found her car abandoned. Other than no oil or gas (once put in) the car ran fine. No issues. So her car is back. So Monday night my sister and 3 kids moved in....for 4 days. Now the 2 older ones are good but all they want to do is watch Disney...so there goes the big screen. The little one is hell. So they were here all week.

So Monday-Today I really couldnt log on much except during the day at work but tonight I got the best news. She came back here and said "we're staying in an extended stay suite for a week or longer until I find something". I guess when you can stay in a nice suite for 200 bucks a week it beats staying at uncle Tony's (thats me). So they packed up the clothes except for some that she is going to box up and went to stay at the hotel.

THANK GOD!!!! So now I have my house back with just me, the big screen, and 7 dishes

Dont get me wrong...I love the kids. But when you live alone for 10 years all of a sudden having 4 extra people here makes for some cramped quarters

and now I'm back here :)

Wow, I thought I had it bad just dealing with a mule-headed cat for the last 3 months! Glad she got her car back, that probably doesn't happen very often with
a car theft. Hopefully she can get back on her feet, with lessons learned..

WB and yes its rare getting a car back from a theft. I've loaned many people money in my time but I only give what I can afford to lose and if they don't pay me back its the last penny they will ever see from my wallet. My brother about 8 years ago had a young boy and he needed to buy a house so I gave him the money for the down payment. I even had the real estate agent draft up a document saying the 7 grand was a gift as they wouldn't approve the mortgage if it meant having a 7 grand debt.

It ended up he got a big massive pay bump a couple of years ago and decided on my birthday to give me a check for 7 grand. He didn't owe me the money nor did I expect it but he still paid me back which is another reason why I love my family. We all are honest and always endup doing what is right compared to what we could do.

I've never been burned badly though so I consider myself lucky. Honestly if my family needed money I will just give them the money if I feel the money is needed for a good reason. I don't ever want to be in a situation where I need to be paid back only to have to sue and destroy what was a good family relationship. Life is way too short to waste years of family time over something like that IMO.

I do understand how it can be hard for you with somebody like that along with how hard it can be to not enable those types of problems. Its a very fine line and one we may never get right.

I also like the single life as well just like you. I don't like crowds nor do I like big parties. I have my home and cat and enjoy as much of a happy life as I can.

Nice to see you back, it must be great having your privacy again :)

exactly. Its kinda nice to have me in the house alone (again) :)

On the humor side, the kids got to see Doc Scott. They came "home" and I was watching him and he went on some tangent. The kids watched and then wondered why in the middle of a sentence he hollered "git on the telephone" and it went to some nature scene.

I just laughed and said that's how he is. :D

the best part

no more Arthur, Clifford, Curious George, Hannah Montana, Raven, Zach & Cody, Derek, Cory, recess etc etc etc (all those Disney shows) on my TV for a while :D

we're back to sports, news, Doc Scott, Retro Jams, Unreliable Sources and "blind scanning" :D

I was noticing that you were slacking off... :eek:
But just thought maybe you were into some really good feeds! - :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your "Project People" have been dealt with.
I have a friend who's always getting into that bind - helping people who should be managing their own lives.
Not much you can do about it when they are family, though.

Just before finding this thread, I sent you a PM about a hacker, so that should give ya something fun to get you back into the swing of things. - :D

I understand about getting your privacy back. My daughter & husband just sold their townhouse and won't be able to close on the home they bought for 2 more weeks, so guess what? Yeah they're living with my wife & I during the wait. Two kids 12 & 14, but truthfully, they aren't any trouble and we welcome being able to help, as I'm sure you were with your sister. You're a good man for being there for her & the kids.

But just thought maybe you were into some really good feeds! - :rolleyes:
today was the first day since last Friday that I got to blind scan

Welcome back...most of us probably thought the new job was keeping you busy.
nah. new job is 8-4:30...still having fun. This is much better on the psychie dealing with insurance agents versus getting hollered at all day every day

Welcome back and my prayers are with your sister and kids that some good luck comes there way soon!

you and me both. She's been looking for places but one minor flaw is she gets daycare assistance for the 3 kids (2 older ones go to the YMCA) and if she changes counties she may lose that. She's seen a couple in the paper and is going to check them out soon. :)

As a teacher I would suggest that if she needs to change counties, to check with the counties department of education and see if they would have comparable services or can help her in any way, shape or form! :)

I can relate ....... It's harder for some people to get their priorities straight .

I'm working many more hours now and my FTA time has been reduced , nice to have a job and money though ....... glad to see you back and congratulations on finding another job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)