I'm being forced to upgrade.

You should qualify for a new dish upgrade for free. However it will require a new 18 month commentment.

Last night while watching RFD-TV I noticed a crawler that says they are moving to channel 9900. I can't receive that channel so I called and they said I need a new receiver. I currently have a HTS 3500. Dish wanted $60 for a new receiver but I see ads all over the internet for free equipment with free gifts and reduced programming costs for 10 or so months.

1. Can I take advantage of these offers even though I am an existing customer? I am not in a contract. If not can I just have my wife sign up?

2. How can I tell which company's are not frauds? Any recommendations?

The HTS 3500 was a special packaged program system from 1997-'98. It is basically a Dish 3000 receiver. It is now obsolete and cannot support certain upgrades. You WILL need a NEW receiver. It has nothing to do with a Dish 500. AT60 still works fine for a Dish 300 at 119.

If I wanted the ARTS channel (61.5) and the Good Sam Network (148) -- I am paying for them -- will Dish install (2) more dishes for me, for free ??

I doubt it would be for free. I became a DISH customer in late October (signing up for AT60) and they only installed a DISH 500 for me. So i'm missing channels in my package that I could be getting if they set me up right. Since I don't care for the pub interest channels at 61.5 and 148 that are in my AT60 package, I haven't bitched to DISH Network.

as for RFD, the FCC revoked their public-interest channel status so they become a non-public interest channel. I don't know if DISH has met or exceeded their public interest channel obligations so who knows if another public interest channel would be on the way to replace RFD.

The HTS 3500 was a special packaged program system from 1997-'98. It is basically a Dish 3000 receiver. It is now obsolete and cannot support certain upgrades. You WILL need a NEW receiver. It has nothing to do with a Dish 500. AT60 still works fine for a Dish 300 at 119.
The 3000(3500) is capable of seeing both 119 & 110 it is old but not obsolete. Just think it was the second generation of DISH receivers and 9 years later is still working it was built very well back then, yes it lacks memory capacity but so does a computer of that age./:) :) :)

My wife tried to sign up with her own account but Dish denied it saying only one account is allowed per household. What gives? Why can't my wife have her own account?

What's the Dish definition (Dishfinition) of a household?
Same physical service address with same family name?

I have 2 accounts in same Name/SSN, separate service addresses.

I remember beginning of Dec, someone was upset over the Distant Network Stations issue, 2 accounts at same service address, one could get stations, and one could not.:confused:

Actually, no need to answer the above questions, since the answer will vary depending on the time of day and which CSR.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)