im getting ready what do you think?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harveystern

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
Im looking at fortec blind search rec, ir remote satcontrol sm3012 disegc 1.2 mount mortor 31in fortec starish and single ku lnbf, I also have dish 500 will it mess it if i put on same side? thanks harv

You may need a DiSEqC switch to choose between the Dish 500 and FTA dish, I would also recommend the slightly bigger dish, its only a few $ more and its always the first thing people want to upgrade, other than that great choice!

"on same side"? Depends on what you mean.

If you have two dishes near each other, you need to make sure both can easily "see" their satellites -- that they never block each other.

If you want to wire a Dish Network receiver and a Fortec, they need to be completely separate.

Or are you thinking of something else?

im getting ready what do you think?

I think some punctuation is needed :D

But, PSB is right...a larger dish is better. I have a 30" and am banging my head against the wall that I didnt get a 36" right away...I have a DirecPC that is fixed on one satellite, but wished I had a 36" to go on the motor

thanks for all your help, what i have is two dishes {dish 500} on one side, and i was thinking to put the new dish next to them , or the other side of the house. harv

harv
are you trying to use the DIsh500 for the free audio or for a dish network subscription?

If you are doing the Dish500 for free audio, you can put that LNB right next to the KU band one on the Fortec dish. Then you would only need one set of holes in the roof :)

If you're trying for a dish net subscription, you would need 2 separate lines

oh, ok :)

since the dish is up, you can tap off of that and get a few free channels
-Dish 101
-Nasa
-Angel One
-Audio channels on 119

what i"m trying to do is keep dish separate, and get more channels from the other system , yet keep all the dishes on one side . thanks harv

oh, ok

Then dont do anything with the DIsh500...just leave it be...thats what I did

The Dish500 on my roof is independent of the other 3 up there ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)