i'm having some issues with Dish Network.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
lately i've been having issues with my Dish Network. i noticed a lot of channels screwing up on dish latey, both national and local channels. and i had to replace a 625 DVR and the same problems are happening.

i wondering, is anyone else having problems with Dish Network too.

or is it the weather in the area (North Texas) have been the problem with the dish

or is the part of my satellite that gets the signal messed up.

if this doesn't belong here, then move it to the right section.

lately i've been having issues with my Dish Network. i noticed a lot of channels screwing up on dish latey, both national and local channels. and i had to replace a 625 DVR and the same problems are happening.

i wondering, is anyone else having problems with Dish Network too.

or is it the weather in the area (North Texas) have been the problem with the dish

or is the part of my satellite that gets the signal messed up.

if this doesn't belong here, then move it to the right section.
How about you start by being A LOT MORE SPECIFIC about your problems. Can't read your mind, son.

well the problems are the channels are choppy vid/audio cutting in and out and acting like it's storming outside and it's not storming. i can understand when it storms but when it's just cloudy, i really don't know hwy it's happening

Are your locals via Sat or OTA? If sat channels are the problem you need a re-alignment of your dish OR your line of sight is being obstructed by growing trees . If it's your OTAs, you need to adjust your antenna.

Are your locals via Sat or OTA? If sat channels are the problem you need a re-alignment of your dish OR your line of sight is being obstructed by growing trees . If it's your OTAs, you need to adjust your antenna.

the locals are via Satellite.

Yep. You need a re-peek.

Hey KAB. I read in the other thread that you were about to go to sleep.:D

Will,

Are you by any chance using HDMI and have changed the HDMI cable lately?

The 625 needs an HDMI 1.3 cable. If you, by any chance, changed to an older cable it will give you the same symptoms you are seeing.

If you are getting signal loss messages on the 625 as part of the choppy video and audio cutting out AND the problem happens only during daylight hours then the problem may be a faulty LNB (heat related)

If you are getting signal loss messages on the 625 as part of the choppy video and audio cutting out AND the problem happens only during daylight hours then the problem may be a faulty LNB (heat related)

i wonder if those 100 degree heat that happen in Texas during the summer months can screw that part of the dish up.

Will,

Are you by any chance using HDMI and have changed the HDMI cable lately?

The 625 needs an HDMI 1.3 cable. If you, by any chance, changed to an older cable it will give you the same symptoms you are seeing.

no i have SD only TV sets, which all are Analog SD, so that or DTV converter boxes are the only way to get a TV signal now of days anyway.

so i have no HDTV sets at this time, wished i did but don't have the money to get one.

IF it reports temps, it will be of the receiver itself, not the LNB's. So, stop chasing that goat.

OP,

Had a similar issue 2 times in the past, first time it was a bad LNB, certain transponders would freeze and pixelate and take a really long time to aquire signal. Happend day and night.

2nd time it was bad hard drive in my receiver (722) lots of freeze ups when watching recorded and live TV. Guide data problems as well.

Since you mentioned 100 degree heat, I would schedule the service call and bet on the LNB since outside temperature seems to be one of the factors in LNBs crapping out.

I assume a 625 has a menu feature to let you check LNB drift and the health of the LNBs. If you are curious you can do some investigation on your own.

I am in North Texas also. Starting 2 days ago I am getting a lot of signal acquiring, countdown messages. When I check the signal strength I am at 56 on Sat 110 - I know for a fact it used to be in the mid 90's.

It tells me 119 and 129 are no longer available. In the LNB details from the system info screen, it says: LNB drift detected....0x00, 0xa7, 110(e-5).

I went and checked and my dish is solid, I couldn't budge it with a shovel from the ground. How can my signal go from mid 90's to mid 50's on one Sat and drop the other 2?

There are no obstructions either....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts