i'm having some issues with Dish Network.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The LNB is the actual "eye" on the end of the dish's arm. LNB Drift does not mean that your dish is drifting left to right. It means that the LNB's electronics are fried. It is a simple matter to replace the LNB on the end of the dish arm. Call Dish Network and report the problem. They will send you an LNB. (for free if you have the protection plan--for a nominal fee if you dont)

See ya
Tony

The LNB is the actual "eye" on the end of the dish's arm. LNB Drift does not mean that your dish is drifting left to right. It means that the LNB's electronics are fried. It is a simple matter to replace the LNB on the end of the dish arm. Call Dish Network and report the problem. They will send you an LNB. (for free if you have the protection plan--for a nominal fee if you dont)

See ya
Tony

Do I replace the LNB? Or will a Dish tech do it?

I'm a new subscriber in Houston and I'm having similar patches of blurriness. It is bad on a 722k, but it is not evident on my other hd-dvr. This makes me think it might be something to do with that dvr, what do yall think?

I guess I'll need to call it in, but it is interesting that these are all in Texas.

Do I replace the LNB? Or will a Dish tech do it?

I am not sure the level of service you are subscribed to or what kind of guarantee your installers provide. You need to call Dish or your original dealer if it has been only a short time you've had dish.

If Dish is just sending you the part, replacing an LNB is no big deal as long as you don't have to climb up on a roof or anything.
1) Remove one screw on the bottom of the end of the dish arm holding the LNB in place
2) pull out the LNB off.
3) Unscrew the cable(s) attached.
4) screw cable(s) to new LNB
5) slide on the dish arm
6) put screw securing the LNB back on (if you haven't lost it in the grass and just gave up and let gravity hold the LNB on and most people do at this point)
7) Enjoy "glitch-free" TV. :)

I'm a new subscriber in Houston and I'm having similar patches of blurriness. It is bad on a 722k, but it is not evident on my other hd-dvr. This makes me think it might be something to do with that dvr, what do yall think?

I guess I'll need to call it in, but it is interesting that these are all in Texas.

I can try to help, but first I need to know what you mean by "patches of blurriness" :) If it's the same problem the OP described, then calling Dish may be your best option since you may also need an LNB.

See ya
Tony

patches of blurriness - the picture blurs for a second or two. the blurs tend to look like nes pixels. the sound keeps going. it happens on recordings and live tv. it generally doesn't cover the whole screen, but only part of the picture. it happens to one receiver but not the other. it was working fine until saturday 8/1/09. i reset the receiver and it is better compared to the frequent blurriness experienced previously, but still slightly blurry at times.

Last edited:
I am not sure the level of service you are subscribed to or what kind of guarantee your installers provide. You need to call Dish or your original dealer if it has been only a short time you've had dish.

If Dish is just sending you the part, replacing an LNB is no big deal as long as you don't have to climb up on a roof or anything.
1) Remove one screw on the bottom of the end of the dish arm holding the LNB in place
2) pull out the LNB off.
3) Unscrew the cable(s) attached.
4) screw cable(s) to new LNB
5) slide on the dish arm
6) put screw securing the LNB back on (if you haven't lost it in the grass and just gave up and let gravity hold the LNB on and most people do at this point)
7) Enjoy "glitch-free" TV. :)

Thanks - your original post inspired me to call Dish this morning.

Tech is scheduled tomorrow a.m. I have had the same dish vip 722 and service for 2 years now. So in order to avoid a service charge, the service rep signed me up for some $5.99/mo protection plan. She was very helpful, and said I can cancel that protection plan at any time with no penalty.

Seems like it is a cheap way to get temporary coverage to avoid a large site visit fee. (she said it would be $99)

dish tech showed up this morning - actually moved the dish onto my roof - which I wanted originally - and then he replaced the LNB and did some sort of software upgrade so we get a stronger signal even though the dish reads it as a weaker signal.

all 3 sat's 110, 119, and 129 are coming in nice and crisp and we are getting all channels again.

Great to hear! Sounds like part of the problem was you may have been "loking" though some tree-tops and whenever the wind kicked up the flittering leaves may have played around with your signal. :)

See ya
Tony

patches of blurriness - the picture blurs for a second or two. the blurs tend to look like nes pixels. the sound keeps going. it happens on recordings and live tv. it generally doesn't cover the whole screen, but only part of the picture. it happens to one receiver but not the other. it was working fine until saturday 8/1/09. i reset the receiver and it is better compared to the frequent blurriness experienced previously, but still slightly blurry at times.

Sound like you may have a similar issue here. Calling Dish for a service run may be a good idea.

See ya
Tony

i finally got my dish fixed, it was the eye (LNB) that was messed up, the Dish guy that Dish Network sent figured out the problem right away, and replaced the Eye, and the only time the Dish screwed up since was That night during the 12-4 AM hours, but that was because of a Thunderstorm in the area. so the problem is fixed now.

Will,

Are you by any chance using HDMI and have changed the HDMI cable lately?

The 625 needs an HDMI 1.3 cable. If you, by any chance, changed to an older cable it will give you the same symptoms you are seeing.

Did you post this on purpose?
Take another look. The 625 is a standard def receiver and as such does not have an HDMI output.

I have seen tuners fail with these receivers too. I had two 501 receiver tuners fail and a third one had a hard drive fail. I demanded a new one and got it and sold it off and never bought another one of those receivers again. I have read a while back in another thread that they had known issues with those receivers and have resolved the issue now with the tuners. I figure they probably put a different type of tuner in the receiver than the one that was problematic once they figured out what was going on. Kind of reminds me of these faulty lnb's with lnb drift issues that they finally figured out as well.

Supposedly some receivers can compensate for lnb drift better than other ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)