Not open for further replies.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Finally after nearly 7 years I got a state of the art Laptop. I had an older 1999 vintage Pentium 2.4 Ghz with 2G ram and an 80G Hard drive with 15" screen but whilke it was state of the art in it's day, I really needed to make an uipgrade. I added the DVD-R/RW drive and 3 new hard drives, a new LCD screen (Repair job) as well as a ton of plugin devices and 3 spare batteries... The carryon weighed a ton!

Been waiting to make the move for over a year and got serious recently with two major technology innovations-
1. The 2.33 Ghz Core 2 Duo for speed.
2. The built in EVDO Broadband Express technology card.

All in a 4 pound package with a battery burn time between 4-7 hours depending on what was running.

I decided to downsize to a small 12.1" screen which I found is much more to my liking for travel.

But, the screen is a bit too small to enjoy a DVD movie in the hotel room so I added an expensive option- A micro DLP projector. It's smaller than the laptop and weighs less. In fact the laptop and projector weighs less than my older laptop and batteries.

But the cool thing is it has all sorts of connectivity. The EVDO internal Verizon connection is blazing fast and the wifi card is very sensitive. Video editing with the latest SATA drives is full frame rate. Can't complain!

So, I have cleaned out my carryon case of all the accessories and I can carry the Canon Inkjet printer scanner, the projector and laptop with a spare battery and it feels a bit lighter than before.

The updated technology cost a bit but I financed it all through Dell's 18 month no interest payment plan and this allowed me to just go for the best I could load it up with.

PS- Did I say I just love watching DVD's or my Sling box video with a 4-6 ft. screen size in the hotel room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)