Im looking for Info about DNS for Dish Network???

DishNtwkBoy12684

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has information about DNS for Dish Network. I have a 2yr degree in avionics electronics and interested in installation! I was wondering what the pay range is and what the job is like??? If there is anyone out there that works for DNS, please give me some advice and knowledge about the company? I'm looking at prob making a career with Dish and just need to gain some feedback from folks. Thanks!!!:confused:

First it is DNSC Dish Network Service Corp.
ADVICE look for some other employment.

I would agree with this here. Run while you can unless you prefer to be treated as a serial number and the only thing that management cares about are your stats.

I was wondering if anyone has information about DNS for Dish Network. I have a 2yr degree in avionics electronics and interested in installation! I was wondering what the pay range is and what the job is like??? If there is anyone out there that works for DNS, please give me some advice and knowledge about the company? I'm looking at prob making a career with Dish and just need to gain some feedback from folks. Thanks!!!:confused:

If you have a two year degree in electronics, please look elsewhere
DNSC pay rates IMO are substandard.Most regions, new techs start at less than $12/hr....I have been doing this for 9 years..I work for a contractor on piece rate....I can work a short day(two installs) and make 3 times what a DNSC hourly tech can make if he makes in an 8 hr day(what the hell is an 8 hour day?)....Here's the skinny...Two 4 tv installs...$135 each=$270.....My cost even on jobs like that might be $20 for the day including gas. Our routes are pretty tight....Even if I do 100 miles that day my gas cost would be about 5 gallons or $14.....DNS Tech at the starting rate for this area is $11.75/hr x 8hrs..
I gross $270 and the DNS guy grossed $94..Oh yeah, when I'm done, I go home...When the DNS guy is done, in most cases he has to go back to the office, turn in his van and commute home..Drawbacks?..yes..If my truck breaks down, I have a problem. Gotta get it fixed..But I write off the cost.In fact I write off all my expenses as business costs..
Good luck!!!!

that's really no different than almost every other job out there :rolleyes:
I disagree....One makes their job....Unless you wish to put yourself into a situation.
Yes there are crappy jobs...Plenty. But it is what you make it.....
The DNS office in my area has high turnover..It kind of makes it a little rough. I happen to work for a really nice people..They understand that people have limits ot their ability..No one works on Sunday. The pay is good. If you need a day off, you get it. No one complains of burn out..Everyone works the kind of day they they request..Some guys take all the work they can get, some like me, don't wish to kill themsleves. I do my 8-10 hrs and that's it...Other contractors are not so nice ..I work with guy who applied to a another contractor in the area that gives only TWO DAYS OFF PER MONTH....That's two 7day work weeks and two six day work weeks!!!...Who the F needs that....

thanks for feedback

i appreciate the responses. i did some research myself, found out that starting pay ranges from 11.00 to 12.75/hr in areas such as denver, new york city, and also in TX. I've even talked to a manager with Echostar, and he said he's done ride-alongs with installers. He said they dont get paid what they are worth. I'm in the groove of geting married next year and starting a family. I think that if I decided to pursue a job at Echostar, would probably be a BIG MISTAKE, and not a rewarding job. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the crap you all take (installers)!!!!

:)

i appreciate the responses. i did some research myself, found out that starting pay ranges from 11.00 to 12.75/hr in areas such as denver, new york city, and also in TX. I've even talked to a manager with Echostar, and he said he's done ride-alongs with installers. He said they dont get paid what they are worth. I'm in the groove of geting married next year and starting a family. I think that if I decided to pursue a job at Echostar, would probably be a BIG MISTAKE, and not a rewarding job. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the crap you all take (installers)!!!!

:)
A wise decision..Use that degree and a piece of advice..get your BA!!!!Then you can manage the installers....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)