I'm Motorized!!......but i'm sad

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, They are hollow but they are Industrial cinder blocks used as walls to seperate property lines.

I use 6 Tapcon masonary screws per mast (4 corners & 2 in the middle) in most of my installs here as 90% of residential homes here in Phoenix have block walls instead of wood fences like they have on the east coast.
Hmmm . . . I have some of those. I guess you have to be extra careful about getting the mast plumb when you put those in - cuz once they're in, they're cast in stone as it were. I'm guessing you drill the first hole, screw the first Tapcon in, then get out your level and get the mast plumb before you mark and drill the second hole. Or is there some way to fudge to get the mast plumb once you get the plate screwed to the wall?

I first place the mast on the wall to get the desired location. Then mark one hole with a pencil. Drill the ONE hole first and then screw in one screw with the mast but not tight. Then I put a level on the mast foot and mark the second hole, Drill it and screw it (still not tight) then do the 3rd & 4th hole. Now I raise the mast arm and place a level on the top of the mast arm. tighten all 4 bolts while watching the level.
Then screw the 2 center screws in. After the mast installation is complete re-check. If any adjustment are needed, Loosen the 2 7/16 mast bolts and to make any adjustments.

Thats just how I do it, Someone else might do it differently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts