I'm "moving" and I need help, please.

pattib

Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I am fed up waiting for my waiver. Probably be turned down anyways. I want to move from Walton County Florida to Pensacola Florida for the locals. It is 87 miles west of me. Will I be able to pick us their locals?
Thanks.
Pattib

It seems a lot of people are doing this these days.

Well, at least someone responded. I moved. The weather here is beautiful. All clear.
Cheers,
Pattib

Wow, 4th thread opened about moving this week alone. Maybe we just need to start a "Move" forum so people can open threads there instead of filling this forum with them.
Oh and Peter, thanks for pointing that out. You are going to get pounded here for saying it, but you are completely correct!

Respectfully,
It appears you did not need any help - be aware what you are
doing is considered illegal, so don't get caught.
Outside the bounds of the residential user agreement, certainly. Unethical, maybe. Illegal (could you be arrested?), I don't think so.

Quick question. For those who know more about this. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I want Chicago locals. First off, is that possible. Second, if it is possible, could I also hook up an OTA and pull in my Columbus locals as well?

I got tired of my house too, so I just moved 150 miles west, it's still cold here, but the Dish HD locals are nice !

Quick question. For those who know more about this. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I want Chicago locals. First off, is that possible. Second, if it is possible, could I also hook up an OTA and pull in my Columbus locals as well?
If you get 129 satellite, the Chicago HD locals are on CONUS beam so yes, if you get 129 you can move.

Yes, you can scan your OTA locals and watch them on the OTA tuner.

Also, a note of caution to everybody that moves or is thinking of it. If something goes wrong, you may have to hit your own pocket to fix it by paying someone locally. Or move back before you call them. But that might look pretty fishy. If you call DISH, they will want to send someone to your house where the equipment is "installed".

So it is not without risks.

One more question, do you have to call in to change the service address? Can you do it online. I couldn't find it after logging in to my account. Also, once you make the change to the address, does it just change your locals right away?

If I did change to Chicago, I would get their RSN right?

One more question, do you have to call in to change the service address? Can you do it online. I couldn't find it after logging in to my account. Also, once you make the change to the address, does it just change your locals right away?

Call on the phone if you want to change the service address and tell them you want your new locals. IF you do it by email there is no guarantee they will change it at all.

I ended up not having to "move". I didn't think the rinky dink local stations around my small town were or would ever be broadcasting in HD. I picked up a $25 phillips silver antennae and got all 4 local networks in HD. 2 stations were within 12 miles, and the other 2 were 35 and 45 miles respectively, but am still getting 75 on the signal meter. Check antennaweb.org... you may be pleasantly surprised.

just call them to do the "move"

and yes, if you switched to chicago hd locals you would get the chicago RSN (Comcast Sports Net Chicago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts