I'm new to this and have a few questions.

SMP

Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
Hazleton, Pa
Hello All,

Great board.

Ok, I have a Sony 57in HDTV Ready. I currently have DTV Tivo no HD . I did use to have VOOM :no but alas it is gone. I realy do not like Dish and when I called to see if I might switch over to them for the Voom I did not like the fact I had to pay install charges for a dish I already had.

I live in Hazleton, Pa 18201. So my question is:

1 - I want to be able to receive HD and the most free over the air channels I can get with a 4 room setup ( 1 room would be HD DVR and the other 3 just DVR ). I am looking at a budget of about $600.00 What is the best equipment I need to accomplish this?

2 - Can I get and HD ota receiver with DVR?

I also got this information from Antennaweb:

You need a Large Directional Antenna.

These large, multi-element rooftop antennas are used in weak signal areas for maximum possible TV reception. These antennas can be used in ANY LOCATION, but require an amplifier and roof mounting to receive blue and purple channels. Amplifiers are not recommended for yellow channels.

3 - If I get a large receiver would that mean I would not be able to receive channels listed in yellow?

Thanks in advance. :)

It all depends on the direction / frequency of your channels.

If they're all coming from the same tower, then a highly-directional yagi might be the way to go. If not, maybe a 4 or 8 bay UHF only might work, or a combo should there be any VHF in your area (I have one, but the signal is stong enough I get it on a 4228).

Looking up your zip code, I don't see that much of an OTA selection, so you might be getting different results because of a specific address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts