I'm picking up E* with my OTA

I'm guessing that one of the CATV channels 73-125 is pretty close to UHF channel 17.
Nope, CATV 73-125 (except 95-99) falls into the OTA 22-69 range.
The Dish Receivers only put out the Cable channels that fall into the 21-69 range.

For conversion from CATV to OTA:
CATV 73-94, subtract 51 to get OTA channel #.
CATV 100-125, subtract 56 to get OTA channel #.

95-99 fall into the FM range just above OTA channel 6, so are not available on a Dish Reciever. CATV 14-17 appear in the area just below OTA channel 7.

They're probably using a modulator offered by someone else, probably Channel Master.

Here's a chart I made a while back while trying to find a good channel allocation to send my TV2 outputs. Was unsuccesful since the UHF range is pretty crowded around me.

Attachments

• OTA Channel Frequencies.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 175
What is the correct way to combine a modulator and an antenna feed and prevent a signal from going out the antenna?

I was wondering this myself. I have a OTA with a RS signal booster that has a head unit up on the antenna and a power supply base in my attic, then it goes straight to a splitter and heads to my 622 and other TV's in the house. If I took the modulator output from the 622 and looped it back into the OTA cable coming in, would the amp/head_unit combo keep it from broadcasting back out into the nieghborhood?

Please forgive my primitive diagram.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 118

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)