I'm Really Annoyed at Dish Network!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If Dish wanted to kill all FTA all over the world why don't they do business outside of the United States?

The message is intended for hackers in their licensed business area, Where they have easy access to civil and criminal courts. Most hackers aren't that smart. Their d500 and d1000.2 left over from legit installs took no technical skills on their part. It's a scarecrow and nothing more.

Edit that channel out if you don't like it. As long as you know you're not hacking, who gives a rats behind.

I find this thread interesting for another reason. I thought Dish had swapped over to the G3 Nagra encryption system and that this system was secure and not hacked yet. If their encryption system is secure, then why even send such a message, whether in-the-clear or encrypted? The topic of satellite pirates should be of no concern to Dish anymore. So why did they sent out this message and who was their target audience? Maybe, someone at Dish just made a mistake.

If you choose to smack the bees nest by contacting dish network in any way, shape or form, the only thing that is going to happen is you may never find channels like the ones you were looking for again.

Its like you've found a road with no posted speed limit. They just plain forgot to put up a sign. Everyone is having a blast driving real fast on this road. One day they put up a sign saying "Speeding on this road" is illegal." Your wife says, "See I told you not to go so fast on this road". This makes you mad. You contact city hall to complain that you have been slighted. Does city hall send you an apology letter? Maybe. Do they put up a 25 mph speed limit sign? Definitely.

I can't reach 148w. Its too low on the horizon for me. I wish I could. If you can then enjoy it... quietly.

If this N3 is working, WHY are they showing that video? Maybe some clown done found a way to break it? I remember the days when this kind of issue was going on with the C Band VC2
boards. New technology pops up to stop the pirates but someone comes along and breaks it.
It's a never ending race...
It goes on on Dishnet, cable companies, etc... Folks who pay to steal signal ain't doing nothing but piss their money away, and don't realize it. I am bless to have what FTA has to offer as well as the HD free channels out there. And that is FREE!
I have a motto for myself: I want to go to bed with a clear consceince and to my grave with it too.

If this N3 is working, WHY are they showing that video?

Because some clowns are still trying to use N2 cards to view those feeds. Since they've dropped N2 support, DN went ahead and put it in the clear. There's no sense in them keeping around the N2 technology just to encrypt one channel.

What do you think he means? He's drawing a distinction between REAL FTA and what the pirates refer to as "FTA" but unless you're dim as a burnt out Christmas light, you already knew that.

I think the question of what he meant was a very legitimate question, mainly because there are many in this forum who have added this silly "true" adjective to FTA, and then seem to use it to say that many unencrypted signals are not "TRUE" FTA. I have seen posts in this forum which would seem to suggest that channels like the PBS channels on AMC21, all newsfeeds, any unencrypted channel we find on DN or DTV sats, any transmission that you can't receive with a linear lnbf, and basically any feed that isn't intended for us are not "TRUE" FTA. THis eliminates 95% of the FTA signals we watch. I think that adding the term TRUE is completely unnecessary if you mean unencrypted, and that by adding it, you are giving in to the pirates who are basically trying to steal the term for their use.
I would MUCH rather employ the term "FALSE FTA" for what the pirates do, and keep using the term FTA as referring to reception of unencrypted signals. Using the adjective "TRUE" cheapens the FTA terms that follows it.

...Prove to your buddy it's legal and show him the "dollar sign" indicator is off, then roll to one that is scrambled.

That $ indicator that many receivers display is not a very reliable indicator of whether the channel is encrypted or not. I think that it's just a bit that the uplinkers set to indicate encryption, but many channels have this bit set, and they are not encrypted at all. Just yesterday I scanned in a couple new unencrypted FTA channels, and they showed up with a $ indication. Actually, the Azbox refused to scan it in, until I told it to scan in scrambled channels. I had to delete the channels that were actually encrypted.
If you do scans and tell your receiver to just scan in FTA only, many receivers will skip the FTA channels that have this indicator set. I generally look at transponders first with TSREADER to see what is encrypted and what is not, and if I miss channels when I scan with the STBs, then I go back and scan again telling it to scan in encrypted channels, and they then come in.

Anyway, that $ thing isn't reliable.

Notice that never is the term "illegal" used, only the term "unauthorized", although the term "pirate" could infer illegal activity. They seem to go out of their way to avoid using the term "illegal" in their little tirade...

That $ indicator that many receivers display is not a very reliable indicator of whether the channel is encrypted or not. I think that it's just a bit that the uplinkers set to indicate encryption, but many channels have this bit set, and they are not encrypted at all. Just yesterday I scanned in a couple new unencrypted FTA channels, and they showed up with a $ indication. Actually, the Azbox refused to scan it in, until I told it to scan in scrambled channels. I had to delete the channels that were actually encrypted.
If you do scans and tell your receiver to just scan in FTA only, many receivers will skip the FTA channels that have this indicator set. I generally look at transponders first with TSREADER to see what is encrypted and what is not, and if I miss channels when I scan with the STBs, then I go back and scan again telling it to scan in encrypted channels, and they then come in.

Anyway, that $ thing isn't reliable.

BJ, I didn't know that. The only issue about that is when I finish blind scanning, I would have to go thru all those "$" channels and delete them to find those that are really not encrypted. But, as part of this hobbby, that's part of getting the most of it. ;)

Because some clowns are still trying to use N2 cards to view those feeds. Since they've dropped N2 support, DN went ahead and put it in the clear. There's no sense in them keeping around the N2 technology just to encrypt one channel.

that channel has been up for a long time now....maybe 3-4 months

N2 died technically last week

Prove to your buddy it's legal and show him the "dollar sign" indicator is off, then roll to one that is scrambled.

First of all, if this guy is really your buddy, you shouldn't have to prove anything to him. If he's really you beer drinking buddy, he should believe you when you say you're NOT illegal...unless he has reasons to believe otherwise. I really can't see why you've gotten so upset at Dishnetwork. Maybe its your buddy you should be upset with. ;) Besides, as someone else pointed out, it's only a message not directed at you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)