I'm so lost.. Dish size, lnb type, location & reception..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delicacy

Original poster
Apr 1, 2017
Madeira
I'd like to install a satellite system either in Madeira island or Porto Santo island near Portugal.
with the aim of receiving the signals of as much satellites as possible

So i assume that i need as much lnb's as possible,
& international multifeed oriented (pointed heads or thinner) lnb's ?

1) I had heard about wavefrontier dish for a multifeed system.

2) Then i heard about the corrosion oft hat dish & its bolts, so i decided to look at:
egesat.de/visiosat-big-bisat-multibeam-antenne-in-rot-fuer-bis-8-sat.html

3) Then, i've seen the advice of a tech. somewhere online for someone living in Madeira island
to use a bigger dish of 1.80 to 2m to get as much satellite signals as possible.

4) So i found those two dishes:
gibertini.it/index.php/en/antennas-uk/op-150-s
The gibertini can only receive up to 4 lnb holders from what i see in the options section of that page.
&
2galli.fr/parabole-ac138w-acier-inverto-black-ultra-pour-nilesat-label-ws,fr,4,AC138W_IBU.cfm
This other one is strange, it seems to be made for only one lnb, so even if i have a good reception,
i have no interest in it if i can't receive the signals of multiple satellites..

5) In another site, ppl brag about the quality of inverto black ultra for poor signals
which isn't a multifeed oriented lnb, but reaches a 70db gain. & in another site,
a tech doesn't advise the use of that specific lnb in areas like Portugal..
A multifeed oriented lnb was too expensive for customers & production
stopped:
hama.com/00047975/hama-universal-single-lnb-lypsi-3d#
This lnb could reach a 65db gain.
& after what i've read about the black ultra "inverto", also, knowing it's not
purposely conceived for multifeed systems, i have the doubt that this one
from inverto would help with a gain of 60db:
inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=59
& i've also found this without company or gain infos:
hepsiburada.com/hdbox-slim-single-lnb-high-gain-serisi-p-EVHPSD313776
& this one with a 60db gain:
megasat.tv/produkte/megasat-multifeed-single-lnb/

Finally, i have my sat receiver, but i really don't know what lnb & dish would
help me obtain as much satellite signals as possible..

Thats why i proposed to delete it from here, since i get no response here anyways, it's pointless.

Looks like the satellites.co.uk forum has provided very good information, guidance and suggestions. Unless someone from your specific region responds, there is little solid recommendations that anyone could provide except for again reviewing the same footprint maps. Appears that you want to hear an answer that supports your expectations rather than accepting the guidance that the experienced hobbyists are providing.

I completely agree with suggestion that a motorized dish will provide the most content with the least amount of hardware, installation and maintenance. Since motorized positioning would be completely automatic when the channel is selected by the receiver, it would provide the most simple interface for a single receiver set-up. Power consumption is likely higher on the LNBs or DVR function with hardrive than the dish motor.

Reactions: KE4EST
Thx Titanium, i've found one sat that offers me reception on a 70cm dish so far, & 8 others for 120 up to 150cm..
So if i don't have the channels i want in the end with a wavefrontier, i might pick a motorized system afterall.

Reactions: KE4EST
Thats why i proposed to delete it from here, since i get no response here anyways, it's pointless.

Well, you wanted only quick responses, and preferrably very many?
#83 posts now at satellites.co.uk; you got what you wanted then.
Edit: #84 by now. Sorry I was Sloooooow. ;)

Personally I like more the topics that aren't run like twitter-accounts (by all parties!). I find more depth and quality in them.
(I guess that reflects also some of my opinion on twitter.)

But, the wants and needs of people differ, I suppose. Hope you have enough information by now... :)

Greetz,
A33

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)