I'm still beginning to wonder if my alignment is somewhat off........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I've been feed scanning today.

I found a few hits on 99W or so I thought. After the scan, there were a about 10 channels, but, by the time I looked at them, about 30 mins later, there was ZERO quality on all of them.

I tried to scan Ohio News Now, and there was nothing there either.

I went to 91 W - Not Nimiq, and didn't find anything.

On Nimiq, I am scaanning now, I am getting 80% on the first 2 transponders.

I guess those feeds could have come and go before I got to look at them, because I would not think that the box would have "found" a zero quality signal.

Several of the channels I checked on 123W are in the 60%'s

I assume that Saturday afternoon would be a good time scan for feeds, and I checked 74W, 83W, 91W, 99W and didn't even find much.

Will HughesNet transponders give me quality? I checked several of those transponders on the sats listed above and did not get any quality on them. I was using the L side of my LNB to check everything.

Right now, I am scanning to see what FTA I can get on 91W Nimiq with the C side of my LNB.

Just seems like some of my signal readings should be higher, but, with lots of channels on 97W for on being in the 80%'s I'm afraid to mess with my alignment for fear of losing it!

Thanks,

Just did a quick check and ONN is coming nicely with 82%Q. (That's my due south bird here in CT).

Gal 17 at 91W has color bars at 12050 V 13354. with 60%Q.

Seeing Gal 16 at 11771V 14320 with news feeds. 65Q.

It really sounds like you aren't quite tracking the arc properly. One thing I ran into this week, be careful after setting your azimuth when you tighten things down. I didn't want the dish to spin in the wind and actually lost some quality when I snugged down too much. I know I can do better with these numbers but I do track fine from 72W to 129W.

Getting things set takes some time, but you will get it :)

I just scanned 103W and found Pentagon at 43% along with some feeds.

I've been up and running for about 2 years now without adjusting anything.

On all of these feed channels that and things that I have found, switching to DiSEqC 1.2 and "bumping" the dish East or West made my signal DROP. By this, can I assume my elevation might be a a millimeter off or so?

I get a test card at 12117-H-4232 at 66% that says "This is AMC 1 21-C"

Most of the rest of the channels I am seeing are coming in at 46% such as:

12077-H-4232 - Cap2-19C

There are also some test cards, one of them is at 33% and another at 40%.

Thanks for the help. I assume it might be normal to need to adjust every so often due to wind, storms, etc..? I'm just afraid to mess with things and make them worse!! My 97W comes in so nice!

Should I be seeing higher than 80% on 91W, Nimiq, on the promo channels with a 30" dish? On my setup screens, my Long is 90.1 and my Lat. is 38.8. My box will only allow xxx.x for Lat/Long entries. Dishpointer for my exact address shows 38.7125 for Lat. and -90.080 for my Long.

I guess this might cause me to be somewhat off, but, I got those original figures when I first installed my system from the Sadoun.com website.

Thanks!

Dishpointer for my exact address shows 38.7125 for Lat. and -90.080 for my Long.
38.7, -90.1(269.9) will work just fine

Should I be seeing higher than 80% on 91W, Nimiq, on the promo channels with a 30" dish?
Q80 is not bad, but could probably be better.

I've been up and running for about 2 years now without adjusting anything.
I would not be surprised if you need a Minor North / South adjustment too. The wind takes a toll on mine, especially in the winter. I have to give it a nudge back to the West after a long winter of hard wind. I'd park it on ONN ans then give the Dish a Push / Pull is all directions watching for improvements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts