I'm willing to bet Dish will have a dispute with KIMT (Rochester/Austin, MN; Mason City, IA) soon...

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I've noticed even though I am "moved" that one of my TRUE LOCALS KIMT is missing the CBS logo from my OTA scanned locals. The logo has been missing (from what I've payed attention) at least a few days. When there is no logo that usually means that they are in negotiations and probably there was one or more extensions. The logo is usually missing at this time (at least for the OTA versions of these stations to the best of my knowledge), and with Dish when they are in negotiations that usually means there'll probably be a dispute.

I've noticed even though I am "moved" that one of my TRUE LOCALS KIMT is missing the CBS logo from my OTA scanned locals. The logo has been missing (from what I've payed attention) at least a few days. When there is no logo that usually means that they are in negotiations and probably there was one or more extensions. The logo is usually missing at this time (at least for the OTA versions of these stations to the best of my knowledge), and with Dish when they are in negotiations that usually means there'll probably be a dispute.
I would not take the lack of a logo as signs of a possible contract negotiation. A little research shows the following...

KIMT is owned by Heartland Media.
According to this article in 2016, WTVA (another Heartland owned property) had a contract dispute with Dish "four years earlier".
2016 - 4 = 2012.

Assuming the contracts are three years (I believe that's the standard), if they came to an agreement in 2012, they then did renewals in 2015 & 2018.
If the contracts were four years, renewals would be done in 2016 & 2020.
If the contracts were two years, renewals would be done in 2014, 2016, & 2018.

My guess is KIMT is probably good for another 2-3 years.

I would not take the lack of a logo as signs of a possible contract negotiation. A little research shows the following...

KIMT is owned by Heartland Media.
According to this article in 2016, WTVA (another Heartland owned property) had a contract dispute with Dish "four years earlier".
2016 - 4 = 2012.

Assuming the contracts are three years (I believe that's the standard), if they came to an agreement in 2012, they then did renewals in 2015 & 2018.
If the contracts were four years, renewals would be done in 2016 & 2020.
If the contracts were two years, renewals would be done in 2014, 2016, & 2018.

My guess is KIMT is probably good for another 2-3 years.

More thank likely, your right, the lack of a logo doesn’t mean a dispute is in the air.

However, in 2012, WTVA was still locally owned by the Spain family.

The station was sold to Heartland Media in 2014.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: sam_gordon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)