Image ghosting on my local channels.

Mr. Tiki

Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Eugene, OR
Hey all, n00b here.

I just got the Dish and I've noticed that my local FOX station here in Eugene, OR is comming in pretty bad. It's image tint is skewed towards yellow and it also ghosts a lot. Is that possible with satelite stations? I thought digital meant that it either worked or it didn't. Is there an adjustment that needs to be made with my install or should I be bugging my local station?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to the site :welcome

Dish is picking up the station analog OTA, which has ghostings and other things in the picture.

E-mail dishquality@echostar.com tell them the station with the problem and hopefully they'll be able to fix it

Thanks for the info.

Cool. I thought my install was bad.
I guess I'll send an email to that address and we'll see what they say.

Thanks, a lot!

The DISH reply, for those interested.

And I quote...

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you again for expressing your concerns and interest in the DISH
Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously
improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have confirmed the ghosting on [your local FOX station]. Our engineers are currently looking in to this issue..."

I guess this means they'll be fixing the problem soon. :)

A response! Nice, congrats and hopefully they will indeed send someone to fix it

My ABC always had ghosting. It real was not E*'s fault! My ABC channel would not allow them to get a better signal. NBC, WB, CBS all alllowed providers, cable included to get the signal via fiber or microwave before it was ever broadcast over the air. FOX, ABC and UPN would not allow this, so those channels looked worse.

They should just use the digital signal if the analog signal is bad. A cropped 16:9 picture is better than ghosting. Our local ABC has two channels on digital, one is HD and the other is 4:3 SD that a local cable co uses to feed analog cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts