This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Image trail affect on Samsung LED HDTV

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I got a Samsung LED 1080p 60hz last December. I've noticed when it goes to commercials or other times that the image has a ghost affect where the image stays around for a few extra secs. Just the outline of it. I'm wondering is this a Dish issue or is it from my tv that's causing it .

I'm not seeing that on my TV's. It is however a possible sign the HDMI cable is out of sync for some reason. Try another HDMI cable or try connecting via Component cables. If you are using a very short HDMI cable try a longer one. I assume you are connected directly into the TV.

Don't spend big bucks on another one Any other one to try is fine, or as I said if you have Component cables try those.

I have a Sony 40 inch LED. It is really nothing special (Costco). When I switched from OTA to DISH I was seeing "trails" after fast movement. I changed the output of the Hopper from 1080i to 720p and eliminated the problem. I really do not see any difference between the resolutions in my set-up.