ImagineAsia on IA 13 - DVB-S

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
ImagineAsia on IA 13 - DVB-S

Presently viewing this channel and a few others on IA 13 on the 90 cm mini bud , DVB-S C band , with the 30 degree LNB .

Wyr

Now that is interesting...guess i will have to split off the c-band side to my FTA and check it out...been really busy learnig about the FTA stuff and cleaning up my old BUD!!!
Merry Christmas!
Jeff

gizzer777 said:
Now that is interesting...guess i will have to split off the c-band side to my FTA and check it out...been really busy learnig about the FTA stuff and cleaning up my old BUD!!!
Merry Christmas!
Jeff

Lyngsat lists quite a bit of digital c band . Will have to scrounge a larger sidh , in order to get more than a taste of it .

Wyr

I'm impressed that you were able to See ImagineAsian on the 90cm dish! I wasnt' able to see it's transponder at all with my 5' dish!

A couple gems on C-band DVB are Euronews and Fuse TV. Sometimes the Outdoor channel has some interesting stuff. It also has a HD channel in the clear for those with the equipment to receive it. I liked BBC World as well.

I need to get a DVB box again...

I'm impressed that you were able to See ImagineAsian on the 90cm dish!

Supposedly an offset dish is more efficent ( mor signal for the size ) than a prime focus dish , because the arms holding the scalar ring , etc. are not in the way . The scalar ring , etc. are probably in the way too .

Also , if I had a scalar ring designed for offset ( instead of a prime focus ebay special ) , it would work better .

I wasnt' able to see it's transponder at all with my 5' dish!

Maybe an older LNB problem ? Maybe the dish needs a tiny bit of tweeking ?

A couple gems on C-band DVB are Euronews and Fuse TV. Sometimes the Outdoor channel has some interesting stuff.

Think those channels scanned , and would come in part of the time . Signal strength & qualit was border line , and faded in and out .

It also has a HD channel in the clear for those with the equipment to receive it.

Yes , picked it up a few times on Nexus-S PCI DVB card running in software mode ., again , border line signal .

I liked BBC World as well.

I need to get a DVB box again...

Or a card , especially for HD .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts