Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dear SatelliteGuys.US Member,

It is amazing to see how much our VOOM forum has grown! To make things easier for everyone we will be making some changes to our VOOM forum! These changes may change the way you use our VOOM forums, please bare with us as we strive to continue being the Internet’s #1 VOOM Forum (and for that matter the Internet’s #1 Satellite Information Forum!)

In a few days we will be changing around and adding a few new VOOM forums to make it easier to find the information you are looking for. Here are the changes which will be made…

1) The Main VOOM forum will be renamed the “VOOM NEWS AND DEVELOPMENTS” forum
2) The “Important VOOM Information and FAQ’s” forum will be renamed “The VOOM Help Desk”
3) We will add a “VOOM Customer Comments” Forum
4) We will add a “VOOM Installations”

Also soon we will be introducing a brand new VOOM Homepage exclusive for our VOOM forum, this new homepage will be much like our main homepage found at http://www.satelliteguys.us however this page will only contain information on VOOM, including Staff Posted VOOM News, The last 10 messages posted in our VOOM Forums, Links to important VOOM threads, Links to other VOOM related Websites, special VOOM Polls and more. By using this homepage we will make everything VOOM related available at your fingertips!

We will also be changing back to the Normal SatelliteGuys.US look, the funky looking black pages will be gone. We tried to make our forums look like the VOOM site however many did not like this look. We have received comments from many who say that black look is hard on the eyes, once again we have listened to you.

When the changes take place I will be asking our VOOM staff members to moderator our forums a little more. While we can appreciate people with complaints about the VOOM service we are seeing a growing amount of trolling taking place and we find this unacceptable as it interrupts the discussions of the threads. A troll posting “VOOM SUCKS” in a thread does nothing for anyone. Therefore these messages will be deleted. If an opinion is posted in a thread which has nothing to do with the thread the staff will be able to at their discretion delete, or move the comments to our new VOOM customer comments forum. It should be noted that the VOOM customer comments forum will less moderated then the rest of our VOOM forums. We believe that a user should be able to voice their praises and or criticisms of VOOM, however by the same token we can no long let trolls take over many threads here.

These changes will take effect within a few days, when the changes are taking effect some forums or messages may not be available for a short time. We do apologize in advance for any problems this may cost. We take great pride in being the Internet’s #1 VOOM forum and we hope that these changes make our VOOM forums even more enjoyable for you!

If you have any questions of comments just ask, we are here for you!

Just one thing I hope the main forum becomes the Voom News And Developments Forum, as I do not know what the other word means ;)

Yup I am looking forward to the changes as well. Our SatelliteGuys VOOM Staff have really put their heads together to work on these changes and ideas!

Sean and Ilya have also helped with the homepage design. :)

I do hope everyone enjoys it. :D

riffjim4069 said:
Why not give the trolls their own isolated place to play and heckle one another...The VOOM Troll Forum? :D

Definition of troll --

One who has said something negative about VOOM since VOOM became a Gold sponsor at "The Internet's Largest VOOM Forum".

Negative is ok... I have been negative of VOOM myself.

Its being negative in every post when the negativity has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, or one who just posts VOOM Sucks in every thread.

Tha being said, while VOOM is a sponsor of SatelliteGuys they have zero editorial control of anything here. :)

We all know has VOOM has problems, I would like to see us focus on helping VOOM Survive rather then talking about VOOM'S demise.

Will Voom be bought out or go out of business in the future? Thats hard to say and there is no real reason to talk about it when VOOM is currently providing the most HDTV out of any satellite company today. And thats something HUGE VOOM has got going for it. :)

txcruiser said:
Definition of troll -- One who has said something negative about VOOM...".

Sorry, you're wrong again TROLL. A TROLL (like yourself) is in part one that complains about a service that they no longer have or never had. BEGONE TROLL!!! Go play x-box or something... You have nothing to add (positive or negative) to this forum since you can't provide intelligent input about a service you don't have.

Back on topic. Look forward to the changes!!! MJB

Scott, be very careful. To me talking about the future of VOOM...

including its potential demise or being purchased is a valid thread. I have not posted about the possibility and am not likely to do so but it would seem to be a valid topic of discussion.

Still enjoying HDTV via VOOM under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Yes it is a valid topic, but do we need 30 topics about the same thing? :)

As I said our moderation will be more stricter but again the reason for it is to make it easier for people to find the VOOM news and help easier for you guys to find.

If we can help folks get more value, news and information out of their VOOM service then I feel we are doing good. :D

"Customer Comments"

I think this is an excellent method of organizing the site, and I commend your intention to administer it more stringently. The entire forum has been nearly unreadable because of the adolescent level of opinionizing. Not difficult to follow, or no fun, but unreadable. Thanks again.

I'm looking forward to the new changes, too! Now is probably a good time to minimize the emotional rantings, so those of us wanting to focus on the technical discussions can get something out of the forum.

Thanks Scott!

We are making changes right now (over the next couple of hours). Stay tuned!