Improving daytime reception?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Your 7-1 channel is RF UHF channel 44. 50-1 is RF UHF channel 51. FM signals don't affect these directly, as they are too high a frequency.

So, from above your fm signals (especially the top few) are so freakishly high, they are overloading your amp in general, and you should for sure insert another fm trap, AND also consider experimenting with inserting some attenuators before the pre-amp. Or perhaps try the attenuator right at the coax input of you Hitachi tuner.

Also, early generation model digital tuners did not handle multipath and signal overload very well at all. You may never be able to stabilize the signal well enough for that Hitachi tuner. Newest generation tuners are far superior in handling signals.

What I ended up doing was running the Digitenna antenna through a pair of FM traps, then to the pre-amp, then to a UHF/VHF combiner where I combine it with the NON-amplified VHF antenna. From there, I connected a cable from my attic that runs down to my basement and connects to a grounding block, then a power inserter for the pre-amp, then to an Antennas Direct distribution amplifier.

All tuners are working well now!

I think my biggest problem was the FM stations overloading the pre-amp, which has now been resolved by using the FM traps on the Digitenna and by not running the VHF antenna through the pre-amp at all. I do think there may also some amount of interaction occurring between the 2 antennas with them being so close together, but that doesn't appear to be negatively impacting anything with the way I have everything setup now so I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts