In line Amplifier with stab hh120 motor mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

charizma4u

Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I have a long run. maybe 85 or so feet.

I am getting pretty good quality on the signal around 80 but strength is always in the 60's.

can I use an in-line amplifier and still power and operate the motor correctly?
I am using a lavasat DISEQqC 4/1 with the v.2 sonicview that has DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & USALS / 22KHz Switching Control.

What type of amplifier would those of you in the know recommend?
:confused:
Thanks
Chariz

I have used a inline amplifier before, and my results were not significant, I think it actually made the quality a little bit worse.

I have learned over the span of three dishes that the only real way to improve quality is to align the dish better or upgrade to a larger size.

Quality is directly related to the signal to noise ratio, you can't get a better signal noise ratio by amplification, a amplifier will increase the noise too, so you need more signal.

What size dish are you using?

EDIT- when I re-read your post you say that your getting a good quality, quality is what matters, it does not matter that the signal reading is low.

If everything works, don't fix it ;)

Just to add to qwert1515's remarks, 85 feet is not very long. I have over 2 times that length with a couple switches and a couple barrel connectors inline, and have little problems. 250feet is what I'd consider a relatively long run - one that I'd make sure it's straight/uncut good quality RG6 (or better yet, RG11)

yes good quality rg6 is a must , preferably shielded 85 ft isn't long
so i would try better coax ( buy the best you can afford)
rg-11 will be expensive plus not many fitting tools will work with rg-11 ( so it would require a new tool or someone to fit the ends

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)