In line Amplifier with stab hh120 motor mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charizma4u

Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I have a long run. maybe 85 or so feet.

I am getting pretty good quality on the signal around 80 but strength is always in the 60's.

can I use an in-line amplifier and still power and operate the motor correctly?
I am using a lavasat DISEQqC 4/1 with the v.2 sonicview that has DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & USALS / 22KHz Switching Control.

What type of amplifier would those of you in the know recommend?
:confused:
Thanks
Chariz

I have used a inline amplifier before, and my results were not significant, I think it actually made the quality a little bit worse.

I have learned over the span of three dishes that the only real way to improve quality is to align the dish better or upgrade to a larger size.

Quality is directly related to the signal to noise ratio, you can't get a better signal noise ratio by amplification, a amplifier will increase the noise too, so you need more signal.

What size dish are you using?

EDIT- when I re-read your post you say that your getting a good quality, quality is what matters, it does not matter that the signal reading is low.

If everything works, don't fix it ;)

Just to add to qwert1515's remarks, 85 feet is not very long. I have over 2 times that length with a couple switches and a couple barrel connectors inline, and have little problems. 250feet is what I'd consider a relatively long run - one that I'd make sure it's straight/uncut good quality RG6 (or better yet, RG11)

yes good quality rg6 is a must , preferably shielded 85 ft isn't long
so i would try better coax ( buy the best you can afford)
rg-11 will be expensive plus not many fitting tools will work with rg-11 ( so it would require a new tool or someone to fit the ends

Status
Please reply by conversation.