In-Line Amplifier

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Where's the best place to put an in-line amplifier in the circuity? I have a motor so I assume it's between the lnbf and the motor.:eek:

The best place to insert an inline amp is near the bottom of a larger circular trash can ......... LOL!

Amps should only be used as a last resort. For long cable runs, consider a higher grade coax cable instead of an amp. Upgraded coax cable will not introduce noise, amps will introduce noise and usually will degrade the Signal Quality.

If you must install an amp, it is best to install near the LNBF. Your insertion between the motor and LNBF would be appropriate.

Do this experiment: Prior to inserting the amp, record the Signal Quality on a Strong TP and a Weak TP. Insert the amp. Compare the Signal Quality readings. Please share your findings.

Will do--thanks. I hear ya' regarding noise, etc. Experimentation will tell. I am putting in diplexers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)