In need of some hand holding to insert a channel

Zigglefuss

May 18, 2007
I have searched for a similar question on what is the best method to insert the output from a DVR as a channel for viewing on other TVs. I found some good info, but nothing that really put it all together for me. If I missed something, please feel free to point me in the right direction to save time for all of us.

Otherwise, we live in Lake Mary just North of Orlando and would like to do what I described above. In the past I was able to do the above, but now I can't seem to find an open channel. I've never used a filter which may be an option, but I don't have enough knowledge to know which one to use to open up a channel I don't watch without knocking out the ones I do. We have Digital/HD cable, Roadrunner, and Digital Phone. We use an 8-port drop amp in the attic.

Any advice would really be appreciated.
Greg

Well finding an open channel will be hard, I recomend using a lowband channel you dont watch perhaps the Orange county goverment channel. You will need a filter to first remove the channel. Lets for example use channel 10. You will need asingle channel filter for channel 10 (will be a bit pricey) then a modulater to take the ch3 output of your DVR and place it on channel 10, then from the modulater the signal will go to your distribution system.

I'm in Seminole County and I think we use the same channel as Orange. So if it was Channel 10, where do I get a Channel 10 filter...do I refer to it as "Channel 10" or is there a specific frequency range I should refer to?

If I understand correctly, this filter screws into the line coming in from the street before the drop amp. So, with the filter in place, coming out of the filter, I combine this signal with the moduated Channel 10 signal and then take this into the drop amp. Yes?

Thanks for your help,
Greg

Well youd need to goto a specialty store, to find one that does 1 channel, They can be rather pricey as well, I'll have to get my sheet to tell ya what freq ch 10 is but if you tell them its the CATV standard channel 10 they should know what freq it is, But yes it will be the first passive device at your house to knock out channel ten before it hits anything else, Lets draw it out

Line to your house (drop) connects to a Groundblock, On the ground block is a great location to put your filter (unless you have an panel inside your home where all your lines meet) Place the filter as the VERY first connection into the house. From their the line will goto your modulater.

Next a line will need to be ran from your DVR into the modulater.

From the modulater you will have aline going to your house distribution system, (splitters and all that)

That is a simple way to do it you could always get a processor and do a fancy setup but eh lets stick to the basics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)