In-the-dark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trommy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Nova Scotia
Torbosat described what I think is the setup on the 7.5' dish I have.The LNB is a "Star Trak",with scalar rings, and there's a small blue/green box on it ("Polar Axis").Am I right in assuming I should get a C band lnbf as I don't have any of the wiring so a single coax would be all I need??Can I reuse the scalar rings?
Also,I'm leaning toward a C band LNBF and ,if possible on the same dish,a seperate KU LNB because I read a C band/KU band LNBFsacrifices some channels.But 2 LNB's can't occupy the same space.Is it possible to put them side-by-each?Thanks

small blue/green box also has three wires, red white and black. This is a servo, mechanically rotates the antenna in the feed for H or V polarity. It can also vary it incrementally for the sat(s) where the skew is offset.
Polar Axis is what the dish rotates about when driven E - W with the actuator.
<<Am I right in assuming I should get a C band lnbf as I don't have any of the wiring so a single coax would be all I need?>> It would make polarity selectable by your FTA rcvr via 13/18v.
<<Can I reuse the scalar rings?>> Probably. <<a seperate KU LNB & possible to put them side-by side>> many threads here on that subject. <<I read a C band/KU band LNBFsacrifices some channels.>> Not channels, performance, dual band lnb's are sort of a trade off, although some work better than others. Can't elaborate as I use offset Ku dishes for Ku, Bud for C.

Thanks a bundle FaT Air.That's what I was trying to determine;whether to have 2 seperate KU/C band dishes.I'm leaning toward seperate systems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)