Incompetent Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

justthinking

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
I am so feed up with the sub-contractor dish hires and the lousy incompetent outsourcing technical support that dish employees.

I have a new installation order for my home and I know for a fact that even with a new 1000.2 dish, I will have problem with satellite 129.
So when I phone in to schedule for installation, I told them that I perfer have 2 dishs and hook up through a DP44 switch.

However, installer come today, said on his work order, only shows the 1000.2 kit and no switch nor 2nd dish.
I have been on the phone with dish for more than 4 hours, they want to charge me an arm and a leg for the extra dish and switch because it's (non-stanard installation)

I finally gave up and let the installer do the way he was ordered.
When he was testing the equipment, I notice that I am getting about 50 in signal strength for both 110 and 119 but only about 20 for the 129.
I told him that will be a problem and he refuse to listen to me.
After he left, I reboot the receiver and guess what, I CAN'T LOCK ON TO SATELLITE 129!

I called dish again and this time, they agree to send the technician back again on Tuesday.
Any advise on what I should do? I think I should demand them install a 2nd dish and hook up the disns and my pre-wires through a DP44.
What do you guys think? Today the weather in Bay Area is fair, a bit cloudy but not raining. What signal would be acceptable for all 3 birds?

The best you can do is to call them back or perhaps contact ceo@echostar.com if the following does not work .....

I think the 1000.2 supports a fourth satellite location (has an extra port on it for an additional satellite slot) so a DPP44 should not be needed if I am not mistaken. The only thing that should be needed is that old dish that you have and make sure it has a DP lnbf on it.

You will never get a DPP44 with 3 orbital locations. Just add a wing dish to the 1000.2 and turn it to 61.5 or 129. The 1000.2 is a built in DPP43 switch really. Same as Dpp44 just only 3 outputs. The 129 will be a issue still no matter what until the new sat goes up.

So you want a non-standard install for the standard price of free?

Hire a local contractor, pay a fair rate, buy the equipment you want.

Standard installations don't fit every person's desires.

why the demand for a dpp44? a two dish solution using two 20 inch dishkits with a dpptwin(at 119 and 110) and dp dual (at 129 or 61.5) would work for two dual tuner recs, which would be in allowance with standered installation. every company charges something for anything beyond standered, mcdonalds doesnt supersize for free nor did sprint give me the newest mp3 phone for free. both required extra expenses beyond standered cost. but try again with the two dish solution how i mentioned there, oh and if you need more then two rec's, you could possibly get a dp34 switch(allowing one dual tuner and 2 single tuners or allowing 4 single tuners) thrown in and it could work provding you dont exceed one dual tuner.

from what i was told from the executive office they will install 3 dishes and anything else that would be needed to get a person online and watching HD if that is what is needed.

My mistake, I thought I need a switch in order to hook up 2 seperate dishs.
Didn't realize that 1000.2 already has a LNB input.
I am not asking for a non-standard installation, all I am asking for is for Dish to provide all the channels that I am entitled to which would require signals from all 3 birds.
As of right now, I still can't get signal from 129. If the solution is to install a 2nd dish, don't you think I am entitled to one?

If DPP44 is not an option, then I will have to keep the DPP Triple right? What 2nd dish and 2nd LNBF should the installer install?
Right now I am using all 3 ports from the DPP Triple (1 port with a DPP Seperator to hook up to a 722 and port 2 & 3 are hooked to two 211)

Also, what's a reasonable signal strength level? around 50s for all 3 birds?
I used to have signal in the 90s for 110 and 119 while I was still live in Houston....

Also, what's a reasonable signal strength level? around 50s for all 3 birds?
I used to have signal in the 90s for 110 and 119 while I was still live in Houston....

You're still used to the old point scale. If you look REALLY close at your point-dish screen, you'll notice, "signal meter has been modified" almost in the direct middle of the screen (kinda hard to see yellow writing in the middle of a blue field, huh). With that said, I feel your installer probably could've gotten your 110/119 at least in the low 60's

I am so feed up with the sub-contractor dish hires and the lousy incompetent outsourcing technical support that dish employees.

Wait a minute!!..... Whats up the that crack about sub contractors?, The contractor can NOT do whats NOT on the work order or the sub will get charged for that item. The sub can call dish and see if he could add that 44switch or wing dish to the work order but if the CSR will not allow it, The sub can not do it!.

In Most cases the sub contractor is way more competent than a "In House" technician. A sub is paid per job and a "In House" tech is paid by the hour. A sub will do what he can to get the job done, A "in House" tech don't care if it gets done or not they still get paid. (My opinion only)

IMO you got lucky that you got a sub contractor because the job got done, If a "in house" tech showed up I bet the job would not even got done at all as the tech would of used that as an excuse to cancel the job as an assurance to get back to the shop on time.

I beleive an apology is order to all of our hard working subs out there that get pooped on all day long by dish and our customers.

I think it changes depending on who comes. As a DNS tech I put up 2 dishes so many times I couldnt count. Basically we were told to do whatever we had to do to make the customer happy within limits. The cost of a wing dish to E* is minimal, but as a contractor who must pay for everything I could see why this is a issue and dont blame the contractor. Once again E*'s system hard at work screwing stuff up.

So, am I the one to blame now? Am I the one responsible for Dish Network not able to provide me with all the channel I signedup for?
If this is the way you Dish fan boys felt, then I will have to seriously re-consider my choice to stick with Dish.

Also, if they do the traditional 2 dishs route, then I won't have a DPP Trilple with build in switch, then I will defintely need a DPP44 or DPP34.
When I initially called to schedule my installation, I told the CSR that if all possible, I would perfer a 2 dishs solution.
It's Dish Network that determine I don't need 2 dishs and stick me with a single 1000.2, now I am having problem, I can't find a trace of 129, all the sudden, I AM RESPONSIBLE?

If on Tuesday they come back and install another wing dish, but keep the DPP Triple, of course I won't need another switch.
However, if they decide to change the setup and uses 2 different LNBF, then won't I still need a switch to connect the 2 dishs?

So, am I the one to blame now? Am I the one responsible for Dish Network not able to provide me with all the channel I signedup for?
Who said you are the one to blame??????? ......... I was explaining WHY the subcontractor could not do the switch or wing dish!!!!!..... Does this matter to you?, Does this matter that HE would of had to pay for it out of his pocket just to make you happy???????????...... Your beef is with dish and not the subcontractor!!.

No one said you were to blame, OMFG!.....

He got the job done didn't he?,

As i told you, This time READ THIS!!........ If the 44switch or the wing dish was not on the work order, And he gave it to you, That would of came out of his paycheck!!....... It would of been deducted from his pay.

You got the install done, Now take up your complaints with dish. The sub contractor did everything he could and got the job done.

Now READ THIS, Since you are the type that will call dish and make up storys about how awfull your lfe is and how terriable the sub contractor was, Dish will set up a 12 day trouble call ticket and that sub contractor will now be back charged anyway for the work he done.
They will take the money away they paid for the job he did for you!!
How does that feel?

Anything to get free stuff huh?

Who said you are the one to blame??????? ......... I was explaining WHY the subcontractor could not do the switch or wing dish!!!!!..... Does this matter to you?, Does this matter that HE would of had to pay for it out of his pocket just to make you happy???????????...... Your beef is with dish and not the subcontractor!!.

No one said you were to blame, OMFG!.....

He got the job done didn't he?,

As i told you, This time READ THIS!!........ If the 44switch or the wing dish was not on the work order, And he gave it to you, That would of came out of his paycheck!!....... It would of been deducted from his pay.

You got the install done, Now take up your complaints with dish. The sub contractor did everything he could and got the job done.

Now READ THIS, Since you are the type that will call dish and make up storys about how awfull your lfe is and how terriable the sub contractor was, Dish will set up a 12 day trouble call ticket and that sub contractor will now be back charged anyway for the work he done.
They will take the money away they paid for the job he did for you!!
How does that feel?

Anything to get free stuff huh?

Why would the private installer (or any installer) even put up a system that won't get the customer the package he signed up for? The customer should just deal with E* to get it setup right. Any chargebacks etc. are between E* and the private installer.

Why would the private installer (or any installer) even put up a system that won't get the customer the package he signed up for? The customer should just deal with E* to get it setup right. Any chargebacks etc. are between E* and the private installer.

The sub did what the work order asked to be done.

In her original post she said {Quote}"I am so feed up with the sub-contractor dish hires" .... My point is, The subcontractor is not to blame, And should not be pooped on all of the time by dish and the customers.

As I said before and I will say it again since no body reads the whole entire post. Most of the time A sub contractor is more competent than a "In House" tech.

She should of not blamed the sub contractor...... Her beef is with dish.....

And YES!! the sub will get back charged for this, Sucks but thats the dish world we live in.

The sub did what the work order asked to be done.

In her original post she said {Quote}"I am so feed up with the sub-contractor dish hires" .... My point is, The subcontractor is not to blame, And should not be pooped on all of the time by dish and the customers.

As I said before and I will say it again since no body reads the whole entire post. Most of the time A sub contractor is more competent than a "In House" tech.

She should of not blamed the sub contractor...... Her beef is with dish.....

And YES!! the sub will get back charged for this, Sucks but thats the dish world we live in.

If the dish installed is not getting a signal from all the sats the customer needs, then the job was not done.

The tech should have stayed until he got that dish peaked to get a good signal from all the birds. Since he was only concerned about getting A signal, then left, he is partially to blame.

If the installer couldn't get a strong enough signal, he should have been on the phone to his office or Dish (however his company handles it) and seeing about getting approval for a two dish installation. Maybe he would have had to come back another day to finish it, but he wouldn't have left a pissed off customer.

If the dish installed is not getting a signal from all the sats the customer needs, then the job was not done.

Um.......He did get signal, If you would of read her posting. Here is what she said. Quote {I finally gave up and let the installer do the way he was ordered. When he was testing the equipment, I notice that I am getting about 50 in signal strength for both 110 and 119 but only about 20 for the 129.}

The signal screen will show around 50 or 60 percent strength due to the signal modifications. True, I will not argue that the signal is low but he did get signal!!

True but even 20 is low for 129. There are alot of problems here and not any of them are too easily fixed. Your 129 signal is low, most likely the 1000.2 just needs to be repeaked. It is hard to get 129 but you can usually get in the 40's. 129 wobbles in orbit so its changing alot.

Your never gonna get a DPP44 and second you already have one. The 1000.2 came out to get rid of the 2 dish setup. If you had to you can point another dish 300 wing dish off of the 1000.2 but its not going to help either way.

Unless you want to get like a 30 something inch dish it wont matter because 129 is a piece of junk falling from the sky. When the new sat goes up this summer it will be fixed. Until then we just kinda have to live with it. Others still insist on beating a dead horse and dont listen.

If it is that big of deal buy a wing dish yourself or cancel.