Incompetent Dish Network

The customer shouldn't have to know anything? Does that include knowing what it is they spent their money on?
They spent their money on TV,They didn't take a crash course on "How to properly install a Satellite system" If everyone took this course ,we wouldn't need installers! If this is a requirement ,Maybe D* and E* should add that into thier contract under,"rules and regulations" .I feel bad for the very few installers that do a good job,and take pride in their work. I doubt their are many ,but Satellite guys is most likely the only place they exist. Your not hurting anyone but the customer,who I might add is why you have a job in the first place. Lets stop the "you get what you pay for "way of thinking. The Tech got paid to install a system ,It has to work "FLAWLESS" as well!

What he ment was that the mentality of alot of installers of keeping the customer in the dark ( IE not telling them what a good signal is, what will happen if he/she puts the dish behind that bush like the customer wants ect ect ). We all know what issues are rampant within the installation part of this industry and those of us who have installed or are still installing know where the root causes for its decline lay at but that still doesnt excuse an installer from being responsible and retuning a dish to get the highest signal possible and if he cant then sets up an inhouse trouble call through his office to come back out within a day or two to get the low signal issue fixed and leave the customer with a properly working system.
Ok. Good point. I often cringe when I see the next door neighbor's home with a crappy install. Invariably, I get the "my install won't look like that ,will it" question.....
IMO there is not excuse for garbage work. But you and I both know, it's all ver the place. Part of it is because these guys have no honor. No pride. Part of it is scheduling. A tech with 15 hrs of work and 10 hrs to get it done, isn't going to have time to do the work to specs and give a decent product demo.
Let me reiterate. There is no excuse for sloppy work.