INDEMAND will carry MLB EI? No so fast says MLB... How about E*?

I don't think the negotations are "phony".. The point I was trying to make was I don't see how MLB can get away with NOT making a deal. If cable and Dish don't get rights to EI, Congress will strip their anti-trust exemption. They HAVE to make a deal whether they want to or not.

That is where we disagree. I think Congress will do absolutely nothing. They have threatened them with taking away the anti-trust exemption for years, and they never do a thing.

I think MLB and DirecTV have their defacto exclusive deal and are very happy with it. They have no intention of letting anybody else in by giving them ownership, and they know a deal will never happen without ownership to Dish or In Demand.

That is where we disagree. I think Congress will do absolutely nothing. They have threatened them with taking away the anti-trust exemption for years, and they never do a thing.

I think MLB and DirecTV have their defacto exclusive deal and are very happy with it. They have no intention of letting anybody else in by giving them ownership, and they know a deal will never happen without ownership to Dish or In Demand.

Lucky I agree w/u this is what is called " Just going thru the motion" nothing is going to change with this or it would have already been done by now.

Recieved this emailf rom Dish last night on the subject. . . .

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. We are still working very hard to bring the MLB Extra Innings out of market baseball package to Dish Network subscribers. We will post updated information to www.dishnetwork.com as soon as it is available.

Hopefully we will know something soon.

XXXXXXXXXX

Executive Resolution Team

EchoStar Satellite LLC

dba DISH Network

That tells me they are still talking at least. Hopefully we will gte a final word before the free preview ends on the 8th of April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance if the negotiations work out that any of the games will be carried in HD?

Some of the games might be in HD.

DN has the RSNs up in HD for games this week (games that are in HD)

So logic would say that IF E* gets EI and the RSN is having the game in HD there is a very good chance that E* will let out of market EI subs access to the HD game.

But remember not all games are in HD.

I just called to resolve my problem a different way.. I noticed the very first thing on the phone menu is now.. calling about EI, press 1, everything else, press 2.

going with 1 sends you to a CSR... I didnt follow up because of my other business. anyone know if they have anything new to say of interest?

I just called to resolve my problem a different way.. I noticed the very first thing on the phone menu is now.. calling about EI, press 1, everything else, press 2.

going with 1 sends you to a CSR... I didnt follow up because of my other business. anyone know if they have anything new to say of interest?

I just called to check up on this and did not get anything like "press one if calling about EI". It seemed like the same old menu to me. I called the number for current customers...

I got the message when I called. In fact I tried again after reading the post above and heard it again.

The number to call to get the "press 1 for MLB info" is 1-800-333-3474. After you press 1 to verify your phone number is correct", you then get the press 1 for MLB info, press 2 for anything else message. I have tried it twice today. Once at 9am CDT, and the account rep I got said that Dish was not going to carry MLB Extra Innings, then proceeded to read from a script. When I told her I was considering DirectTV as an alternative after 6 years of $100 plus a month bills, she said it was my choice, and hungup on me. I thought maybe they would offer their long-time, good customers something to stay, but nothing of the kind---really disappointing. Then at 3pm, I tried again, since there isn't any info anywhere on the net I can find to confirm that it's finally all over for Dish, and lo and behold, the account rep this time said Dish was still in negotiations with MLB, and suggested I try the 5 day free trial with MLB.TV so that I don't miss any of my teams games until Dish reaches a final decision with MLB. So what does this prove, only one thing, nobody knows what's going on, and we fans must just sit in the dark and wait, and wait, and wait.......

MLB announces iN DEMAND deal
MLB Channel Expects to Launch in 40 Million Homes through Multi-Distributor Pact

Major League Baseball announced today that iN DEMAND has entered into a seven-year agreement in principle to carry the MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription package of out-of-market games and will distribute the MLB Channel, which is scheduled to launch in January 2009.

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription package of out-of-market games is currently available to DIRECTV subscribers. iN DEMAND owners Comcast, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable have agreed to carry the package, effective immediately. iN DEMAND also will offer to make the MLB Extra Innings subscription package available to other cable companies across the U.S. Like all distributors of MLB Extra Innings, these cable operators would also be required to carry the MLB Channel once it is launched.

The MLB Channel will be the first and only network dedicated to providing baseball programming to MLB fans 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a year-round basis. Major League Baseball's partnerships with DIRECTV and iN DEMAND mean the MLB Channel is expected to launch in 40 million homes.

"Our chief goal throughout the process was to ensure that fans would have access to as many baseball games and as much baseball coverage as possible," said MLB President and Chief Operating Officer Bob DuPuy. "With this agreement, the MLB Channel will launch with an unprecedented platform. We are pleased with the launch of the MLB Channel to so many homes coupled with our agreement to extend the distribution of MLB Extra Innings with iN DEMAND."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_relea...ent_id=1879904&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

MLB announces iN DEMAND deal
MLB Channel Expects to Launch in 40 Million Homes through Multi-Distributor Pact

Major League Baseball announced today that iN DEMAND has entered into a seven-year agreement in principle to carry the MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription package of out-of-market games and will distribute the MLB Channel, which is scheduled to launch in January 2009.

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription package of out-of-market games is currently available to DIRECTV subscribers. iN DEMAND owners Comcast, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable have agreed to carry the package, effective immediately. iN DEMAND also will offer to make the MLB Extra Innings subscription package available to other cable companies across the U.S. Like all distributors of MLB Extra Innings, these cable operators would also be required to carry the MLB Channel once it is launched.

The MLB Channel will be the first and only network dedicated to providing baseball programming to MLB fans 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a year-round basis. Major League Baseball's partnerships with DIRECTV and iN DEMAND mean the MLB Channel is expected to launch in 40 million homes.

"Our chief goal throughout the process was to ensure that fans would have access to as many baseball games and as much baseball coverage as possible," said MLB President and Chief Operating Officer Bob DuPuy. "With this agreement, the MLB Channel will launch with an unprecedented platform. We are pleased with the launch of the MLB Channel to so many homes coupled with our agreement to extend the distribution of MLB Extra Innings with iN DEMAND."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_relea...ent_id=1879904&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Okay E* time to pony up and open the checkbook. If D*, and InDemand can get a deal done so can you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)