Indoor Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rachelsdad

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Reading Pa
Hello all this is my first post here. I am a Dish sub with the vip222 we have a 4 room hookup.

My wife went and bought another HDTV and of course its not in any of the rooms with dish.

Im about 40 miles from the nearest tower out of philly. I dont want a antenna on the roof.

So heres what i did and to my suprise with sucess. I went and bought an indoor antenna a terk. Just to see if i could get any ova signals. I have basic cable hooked to that tv. After a little bit of manuvering to my suprise i picked up 55 digital channels from comcast.

All the music channles then to my suprise i am able to get Movie Plex 2 Weather channles and toon disney plus ABC CBS NBC GOLF AND PBS out of philly all in HD. How did this antenns pick up the comcast digital and Network Hi Def Channles.

Does comcast beam anything over the air or is it because i have basic channels and the antenna has amplified this. But either way i dont care as long as i have hif def channles lol. I just thought that was pretty cool .

You had your tv's tuner set to "cable on" with your cable service connected to the back of the tv. When you scanned the channels, the tv's tuner scanned the free unscrambled cable channels from your cable system.

to see how wonderful your indoor antenna works, connect the indoor antenna to the tv input (you may need to disconnect the cable coax) , set the tv tuner to "cable off" and scan your channels again. this scan will scan digital vhf and uhf off air broadcasts.

Well Rick i didnt say the antenna was wonderful. But i just tried that hookup and as i said earlier it can in no way pick up anything in off air mode. With the cable selected i ccan at least get 3 of the major networks and pbs in Hif Def so i will settle for that. Lol

Return the Terk and get your money back. It's good looking, over priced, under performing JUNK.

Get a Silver Sensor, generally available at Sears. By Zenith. This is generally regarded at the best indoor antenna.

You could also put an antenna in your attic. But roof top is best.

I got an adjustable amplified indoor antenna at WalMart for $20.00 (I do not have an hdtv so I can't speak to hdtv) but I am 60 Miles outside Atlanta and I get all the vhf & all the uhf (minus channel 69). I was never able to get anything with rabbit ears until I got the amplified ones (I would go with the adjustable amp because if the signal is amplified too high on strong stations it will make the pic worse). Like I said it was only $20.00 (Phillips brand I think) and if it doesnt work you can take them back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)