Indoor Antennas for local HD..any luck?

kcromeis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2005
Anyone have luck getting HD locals using any of the Indoor Antennas? I live in an apt so attaching the OTA antenna is not an option. Id like something to tide me over before the m4 updates.

thanks

Wineguard has a new antenna :
The Sharp Shooter #ss-3300
Designed for apartment or other indoor use.

Havent seen a price or where they are available just yet,and no reports on performance.
Looks a little like the Sensar that Voom used for outdoor but is 27 in. long and has a nice base.

this is one that you should check with your neighbors. It is highly dependent on your location (hills/mountains or large obstructions) and the distance to the broadcast towers. If you are in an urban area. I would recommend the silver sensor type antenna, to limit multipath. If you not sure exactly where the broadcast towers are located you can find out using antennaweb.org. I am located about 25 miles from the towers in Philadelphia, and I using and outdoor UHF antenna mounted in my attic.

rmmrph said:
this is one that you should check with your neighbors. It is highly dependent on your location (hills/mountains or large obstructions) and the distance to the broadcast towers. If you are in an urban area. I would recommend the silver sensor type antenna, to limit multipath. If you not sure exactly where the broadcast towers are located you can find out using antennaweb.org. I am located about 25 miles from the towers in Philadelphia, and I using and outdoor UHF antenna mounted in my attic.

im in downtown houston...3rd floor of a 3 floor apt complex. im 13-15miles from all major networks.

The DB2 from antennasdirect.com is supposed to be the most powerful indoor antenna available and is multi-directional (designed for outdoors but small enough to use indoors). The Silver Sensor is highly regarded and very directional to avoid multi-path.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)