Indoor HDTV antenna & 34 switch

Pandian

Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I am suffering with an indoor antenna placed over my av-center; I get one or two channels and very erratic. My attic is a good place for placing the HDTV antenna (Silver Zenith), where the DP34 is placed. I have two dishes, 61.5, 110W &119W, feeding the three inputs of the DP34. I have diplexors, and have tried using them with no success. Is there a schematic anywhere? The dishnetwork website is not very useful. The tuners used are 811, 508 and 301; I cannot run an exclusive line for OTA channels. I do own a few diplexors, the switch used for my Directv and an unused, new DP21.

I would greatly appreciate help here. What is the deal with Dishnetwork not allowing me to buy the 522 on the web and activating?

Thank you,

Pandian

Pandian said:
I am suffering with an indoor antenna placed over my av-center; I get one or two channels and very erratic. My attic is a good place for placing the HDTV antenna (Silver Zenith), where the DP34 is placed. I have two dishes, 61.5, 110W &119W, feeding the three inputs of the DP34. I have diplexors, and have tried using them with no success. Is there a schematic anywhere? The dishnetwork website is not very useful. The tuners used are 811, 508 and 301; I cannot run an exclusive line for OTA channels. I do own a few diplexors, the switch used for my Directv and an unused, new DP21.

I would greatly appreciate help here. What is the deal with Dishnetwork not allowing me to buy the 522 on the web and activating?

Thank you,

Pandian
I am not sure what you are looking for but in my experiences an antenna should be fed directly to the STB/TV and not through diplexors/ combiners or splitters etc. Th reason is to prevent loss of signal, which could lower the signal by 3db or more.

Another thing the Silver Sensor is a table top antenna. Since you are talking about an attic mount a small Yagi would be more reliable without having to venture into the attic everytime the signal drifts or there is multipath interference.

If you are not sure as to what stations are available in your area www.antennaweb.org is pretty handy.

Kevinw is right that using diplexers for OTA is far from optimal, but if you're gonna do it:
Code:
LNBFs === DP34 --- diplexer --- // --- diplexer --- receiver
          OTA ------'                    '------------'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)