Indoor install of slimline?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I got my old round dish and reciver (ancient) and brought them to my condo tonight. First I tried with the sliding glass door and screen open, so nothing in my way. I immediately got 99 signal strength for 101, sweet! So then I tried it with the screen closed, signal lost completely, bummer. So then I tried with just the glass and no screen, signal dropped out again.

So it looks like the verdict is no DirecTV for me, period. They won't let me put a dish on the roof, they won't let me have one hang over my balcony, and the glass on my slider doesn't let the signal through. Well at least I know I exhausted all of my options, but it's so frustrating to know that I was at least able to pick up almost a perfect signal from inside my living room with the slider open.

Ugh, here's to Cox living up to their 100 HD channel at the end of the yaer promise, because it looks like I'm stuck with cable.

Assuming that your sliding glassdoor leads onto your balcony,why cant you install your dish on the balcony floor without it hanging over the balcony. Maybe some pics of your situation might help in getting other solutions.

Assuming that your sliding glassdoor leads onto your balcony,why cant you install your dish on the balcony floor without it hanging over the balcony. Maybe some pics of your situation might help in getting other solutions.

I've attached a picture from the outside. I'm the top floor. My balcony is a pathetic excuse for a balcony, I call it a falcony. It's basically like this, I open the slider and I have about 2 inches of brick underneath, and then there's the railing. Any install on the railing itself would hang over the common property, which the HOA has the ability to deny me, which they have.

Attachments

• G488973_C01_12.jpg
    G488973_C01_12.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 169
I've attached a picture from the outside. I'm the top floor. My balcony is a pathetic excuse for a balcony, I call it a falcony. It's basically like this, I open the slider and I have about 2 inches of brick underneath, and then there's the railing. Any install on the railing itself would hang over the common property, which the HOA has the ability to deny me, which they have.
that is sad... can you move@!!!;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)