Indy HD locals tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I sent a question to the general manager of WTHR via their web site, and got a very quick response:

Jeffrey,

This week Dish Network began providing local Indianapolis HD signals to their subscribers. For the last two years we have made numerous attempts to reach an agreement with Dish Network that would include the carriage of our HD signal on their system. Unfortunately, DISH has chosen not to accept that new agreement. WTHR has agreements with every other cable, satellite and telephone company provider for our HD signal. It’s unfortunate that DISH customers are shut out and cannot enjoy HD programming from the Indianapolis market leader as do customers of other providers.

Our agreement with Dish Network expires on August 30th of this year. We are confident any renewal we might reach with Dish Network will include carriage of our HD signal.

Rod Porter
Program Director, WTHR
1000 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Office: (317) 655-5675
Fax: (317) 655-5677

I think that just about solves my switch to D* quandary. And I just figured out how I might get LOS to 129. If there was ONE station I wanted via Sat, it was WTHR and their flaky signal.

Got my 129 hooked up this a.m. and I'm doing some a/b comparisons between WISH-8 OTA and from the satellite, during Price Is Right and the noon news - I'm hard pressed to find any significant difference in PQ. The Dish feed looks really good on this admittedly undemanding content.

Got my 129 hooked up this a.m. and I'm doing some a/b comparisons between WISH-8 OTA and from the satellite, during Price Is Right and the noon news - I'm hard pressed to find any significant difference in PQ. The Dish feed looks really good on this admittedly undemanding content.
Did they charge you for the move?

Did they charge you for the move?

No, just the trip out to me ($29 on DPP, $49 otherwise - I'm sure I could have negotiated it away). He replaced my two Dish 500s with a single 1000.2.

He said all my signal strengths were well over 100 (116ish) on the old scale. 60 seems about average on the new scale (some higher, some lower).

WTHR's signal strength should go up in June... but yeah, what a PITA. Dish deserves their fate. Just get the damn channels, you fscking boneheads.

Actually, it will be just the opposite come June!!!...:(
When the analog cutoff finally occurs, WTHR is supposedly going back to their original VHF frequency, and may even be cutting their power!!!...:eek:

This is also the reason WISH's digital signal is so hard to receive in certain areas. They decided to just switch to another VHF frequency (channel 10, I believe) and go to low power when they fired up their digital transmitter!!!...:rolleyes:

Actually, it will be just the opposite come June!!!...:(
When the analog cutoff finally occurs, WTHR is supposedly going back to their original VHF frequency, and may even be cutting their power!!!...:eek:

This is also the reason WISH's digital signal is so hard to receive in certain areas. They decided to just switch to another VHF frequency (channel 10, I believe) and go to low power when they fired up their digital transmitter!!!...:rolleyes:

I get a signal strength of 100% on WISH-8. With WTHR I'm lucky to get mid-70s with an occasional dropout from time to time, and it seems to vary a lot with the weather.

I get a signal strength of 100% on WISH-8. With WTHR I'm lucky to get mid-70s with an occasional dropout from time to time, and it seems to vary a lot with the weather.
I get both WISH and WTHR in the low 90's, but you're right, weather, WIND, sometimes sends THR all over the place. I welcome their switch to VHF. BTW, they would have to file with the FCC to lower their power. I have seen or heard nothing of this. WISH just got permission to up theirs.

I get both WISH and WTHR in the low 90's, but you're right, weather, WIND, sometimes sends THR all over the place. I welcome their switch to VHF. BTW, they would have to file with the FCC to lower their power. I have seen or heard nothing of this. WISH just got permission to up theirs.

As in real esate, it's location, location, location!!!...;)
I live on the far southeast side of Indy, (and before that down in Greenwood), and WISH-DT has been a problem at both locations, but WTHR-DT has always been very strong. But, like I said, that may change, as rumor has it that they have filed with the FCC to lower their power...:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)