Ineligible for Hopper 3?

Chill_ninja28

Original poster
Apr 30, 2016
Calhoun, GA
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, please go easy on me! I have an issue, I attempted to upgrade to the Hopper 3 only to be told that I am ineligible for an upgrade due to having international channels. Specifically, I have been told that I need to either lose the international channels and get the Hopper 3 or no Hopper 3. The Dish CS reps have told me that the Hopper 3 can only receive 3 orbital positions while I need 4 for the international package I have. Does anyone else have this issue, or any possible solutions? Thanks!

Late in the year, we should have another new LNB that will allow for this. So there is hope. You could get an H3 now, dropping Internationals, and add later, or wait.

For various reasons, I'd wait.

We gotta go easy on a ninja. Getting harsh might not be a good idea....
:D

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, please go easy on me! I have an issue, I attempted to upgrade to the Hopper 3 only to be told that I am ineligible for an upgrade due to having international channels. Specifically, I have been told that I need to either lose the international channels and get the Hopper 3 or no Hopper 3. The Dish CS reps have told me that the Hopper 3 can only receive 3 orbital positions while I need 4 for the international package I have. Does anyone else have this issue, or any possible solutions? Thanks!
You're fortunate as what you've been told is basically true. You should have heard the reasons that people here were being given for a "no can do" answer in the early days (and weeks) following the release of the H3!

You MAY be able to get H3 and retain your international channels if you have two dishes. Your current dish will receiver 118 where your international channels are. A second 1000.2 dish with the new Hybrid LNB will receive 110, 119 and 129. The 118 dish will plug into the LNB in on the new dish.

The complication is that there are two versions of the 1000+ dish and the newer version with an integrated 110/119/118 LNB is not compatible with the Hybrid LNB. The older version with three separate LNB assemblies WILL work with the Hybrid LNB but is no longer being manufactured so you need to locate a used one or old stock somewhere. Check eBay.

Reactions: brad1138
You MAY be able to get H3 and retain your international channels if you have two dishes. Your current dish will receiver 118 where your international channels are. A second 1000.2 dish with the new Hybrid LNB will receive 110, 119 and 129. The 118 dish will plug into the LNB in on the new dish.

The complication is that there are two versions of the 1000+ dish and the newer version with an integrated 110/119/118 LNB is not compatible with the Hybrid LNB. The older version with three separate LNB assemblies WILL work with the Hybrid LNB but is no longer being manufactured so you need to locate a used one or old stock somewhere. Check eBay.

The problem is, even though that would work, Dish's computers say it won't. So they will not be able to activate an H3 on acct with International programing, or add the Int prog to a H3 acct.....

The problem is, even though that would work, Dish's computers say it won't. So they will not be able to activate an H3 on acct with International programing, or add the Int prog to a H3 acct.....
Others have worked it out somehow. If you haven't tried yet, I suggest you contact DIRT (members are in red on the main forum page).

I just know, their CSRs can't think or act outside of the box. Try getting a Super Joey on an acct with 2 Hoppers.... (not that that is relevant anymore)

I just know, their CSRs can't think or act outside of the box. Try getting a Super Joey on an acct with 2 Hoppers.... (not that that is relevant anymore)
How do you hook up a Super Joey to a 2 hopper setup?

Oh wait you cant....
That's why your not aloud.

You would need a second dish and 2 nodes.
And your setup wouldn't be fully integrated anymore which is pointless IMO.
Your better off with a 3 Hopper setup.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

How do you hook up a Super Joey to a 2 hopper setup?

Oh wait you cant....
That's why your not aloud.

You would need a second dish and 2 nodes.
And your setup wouldn't be fully integrated anymore which is pointless IMO.
Your better off with a 3 Hopper setup.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You are thinking the same way Dish does...

You can (could) when the customer has a Hopper in his detached garage with it's own dish and a Hopper and 3 other TV's in the main house with their own dish. We have many customers with such a setup. That is the problem with Dish's "rules", if it is outside of their little box, they can't handle it...

We have one customer that owns his own ski lake and all the land around it, it is 1 lot/parcel. He has his house, 2 guest houses and a detached garage/barn. Each guesthouse has a Hopper, the main house has 4 tv's and the detached garage, which is wired to the main house, has a bedroom upstairs, so the Hopper has to run 5 TV's. It would be perfect for a Super Joey, but Dish's short sightedness won't allow it.

There are a lot of rich customers out there that have much more than the standard house where everything is in 1 building.

You are thinking the same way Dish does...

You can (could) when the customer has a Hopper in his detached garage with it's own dish and a Hopper and 3 other TV's in the main house with their own dish. We have many customers with such a setup. That is the problem with Dish's "rules", if it is outside of their little box, they can't handle it...

We have one customer that owns his own ski lake and all the land around it, it is 1 lot/parcel. He has his house, 2 guest houses and a detached garage. Each guesthouse has a Hopper, the main house has 4 tv's and the detached garage, which is wired to the main house, has a bedroom upstairs, so the Hopper has to run 5 TV's. It would be perfect for a Super Joey, but Dish's short sightedness won't allow it.

There are a lot of rich customers out there that have much more than the standard house where everything is in 1 building.
Separate dishes exactly.
But you can't run 2 Hoppers and a Super Joey in the same setup.
The technology isn't there to support such.
More Hoppers will work just fine with the proper switchs, but not super joeys.

Let me see a wiring diagram that incorporates a Super Joey with full integration into a Multiple Hopper setup.

There is no point to add a Super Joey when you can just add another Hopper.

And you are also not aloud any other Hopper equipment with a Hopper 3 account period.
That's authorization rules not compatibility rules with separate dishs.

If you want 2,3 or 4 different accounts then those poor old rich dummies can afford to spend triple the money for absolutely no logical reason.
But most normal people rich or poor wouldn't have a setup like you describe.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Separate dishes exactly.
But you can't run 2 Hoppers and a Super Joey in the same setup.
The technology isn't there to support such.

And you are also not aloud any other Hopper equipment with a Hopper 3 account period.

If you want 2,3 or 4 different accounts then those poor old rich dummies can afford to spend triple the money for absolutely no logical reason.
But most normal people rich or poor wouldn't have a setup like you describe.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
You can not have more than 1 acct at one address, especially for the same person and there is no reason why he should have to pay for multiple accts. It is built the way it is supposed to be, as per Dish's rules. The buildings are too far apart to run off of 1 Dish and/or to be tied together. There is no other way to do it. It is the logical and proper installation, and a practical use for a Super Joey with multiple Hoppers.

You can not have more than 1 acct at one address, especially for the same person and there is no reason why he should have to pay for multiple accts. It is built the way it is supposed to be, as per Dish's rules. The buildings are too far apart to run off of 1 Dish and/or to be tied together. There is no other way to do it. It is the logical and proper installation, and a practical use for a Super Joey with multiple Hoppers.
Again, you can add another Hopper, so why would you add a Super Joey?
To save $2

Again let me see a wiring diagram for connecting 2 Hoppers with a Super Joey.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Again, you can add another Hopper, so why would you add a Super Joey?
To save $2

Again let me see a wiring diagram for connecting 2 Hoppers with a Super Joey.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I never claimed there was a wiring diagram for that, I said there are situations where a SJ would be useful and not break any technology barriers. The customer doesn't want 2 Hoppers in his House, that is all that matters.

Also, you can wire 3 Hoppers on 1 dish, so you could wire 2 Hoppers and a SJ, but according to Dish, it is a Moca limitation that doesn't allow that to work.

I never claimed there was a wiring diagram for that, I said there are situations where a SJ would be useful and not break any technology barriers. The customer doesn't want 2 Hoppers in his House, that is all that matters.
You claimed dish isn't thinking outside of the box and claim they don't allow super joeys on multiple Hopper accounts just because they don't want to.

When in fact it's not mechanically possible.
If it doesn't break technical barriers, then show me a wiring diagram that supports your claim.
I suggest you go back and read carefully.

If a customer doesn't want 2 Hoppers, we'll the Get a Hopper 3.
It's not necessarily the customers choice what the technology and the company rules are.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You claimed dish isn't thinking outside of the box and claim they don't allow super joeys on multiple Hopper accounts just because they don't want to.

When in fact it's not mechanically possible.
I suggest you go back and read carefully.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I am not sure how you are missing the point. If 1 of the Hoppers is in a detached garage (self contained with a separate dish), then you have the other Hopper and 1 SJ in the house with their own dish, that is a standard config and IS mechanically possible. Just because the customer has a detached garage (for example) does not mean he should have 2 separate accts.

I am not sure how you are missing the point. If 1 of the Hoppers is in a detached garage (self contained with a separate dish), then you have the other Hopper and 1 SJ in the house with their own dish, that is a standard config and IS mechanically possible. Just because the customer has a detached garage (for example) does not mean he should have 2 separate accts.
Get another Hopper

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Nope, but extra Hoppers would be the best bet. I can't go to the BMW dealership, and get a brand new BMW with Mercedes decals put on it, or Lexus engine components put in it from the dealership. The company rules are there, and if not willing to abide by those, they still have the option of VIP equipment. Their policies are well known, and that is that. This discussion is purposeless.

Yes you could do that, you could also do a SJ if Dish could think outside the box at all. Some customers like not having 2 DVR lists to sort through.
Some customers will just have to get over it, or give up the Hopper and enjoy DTVs SWM technology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)