Status
Please reply by conversation.

polgyver

Creative Tinkerer
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 21, 2010
Toronto
There is a new seller in Toronto, selling affordable FTA items. Recently I bought 80 cm dish ($25). Single output universal LNBF ($5). Dual output universal LNBF ($12). FTA receiver ($34) which has also HDMI outlet.
Unfortunately, it can not receive Dolby sound.( Only Montana PBS on 125 W has audio). The plug for wall outlet is an European style and it needs adapter.
But they sell also other, more expensive receivers.
Their "shop" is a very modest place, and they are also using separate storage for other merchandise.
Some alternative for ordering through e-bay (a few months ago I paid for 3 cheap receivers from China - and they never arrived).
Five pictures follow:
IMG_2992.JPG IMG_2993.JPG IMG_3006.JPG IMG_3008.JPG IMG_3044.JPG

Reactions: danristheman
It's been documented in threads here that most of those inexpensive Chinese receivers don't do Dolby. Does it pass the audio stream out via HDMI or SPDIF to an external decoder?

FaT Air;
I do not have external decoder to try audio stream. I connected this rec to my 24" Toshiba TV, first with HDMI, and later with RCA (yellow, red, white).
All programs with Dolby were silent.
The Chinese receivers with 120 V cord did not play Dolby, but their 12 Volt versions did play Dolby. Their remotes were identical.
This X-cruiser rec is made in Korea, but, apparently, uses similar electronics as Chinese 120 V recs.

Larry1 and sgs;
The display "shop" is located at Yonge St, North of Finch, but you have to call Mr. B. first, and arrange for a meeting.
I know the info, but, perhaps, it is not proper to display it here, in this thread? What would the moderators say?

Another thing, I made small improvement in assembly of this X-cruiser dish - adding simple guides for its U-bolts
(or, due to their shape, should I call them V-bolts?)
Only 2-3 minutes of work, and the bolts "behave" properly, sitting perpendicular to the mast.
Pictures follow:
IMG_3037.JPG IMG_3038.JPG IMG_3040.JPG IMG_3041.JPG

Reactions: Jason S
My old Visionsat receiver was purchased at the Canada Computers just north of there. That was quite a few years ago now. I would like to call him and stop by to see what he has some weekend.

I would like to call him
Since moderators did not object to my question in post # 5, and the dealer authorized me
to display his cell #, there it is : 647-545-8500.
They do not sell standard LNBF's, only the universal ones.
And a few kinds of receivers, also 4' dishes, and satellite finders (I was not interested in them, since I own SatHero 200).
Cheers, polgyver

Reactions: sgs
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)