Info Needed on Using Wide Screen for PC Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I realize this isn't exactly the correct place for this.....but I thought maybe fellow Voomers would know and have some experience with this.

I want to setup an older pc as a multimedia pc on my Sony 51" Wide Screen.
It's a ASUS A&A266 MB, 1 ghz AMD Athon cpu, 256mb ram. Now I have an older ATI 7200 All In Wonder Card AGP 4x....which only puts out a 800x648 res. @60 htz. It has a pretty bad picture on the TV. I tried an ATI 9000 which put out 1024x768 @60htz. which wasn't bad, but still not as good as I want...it's still a little hard to see 17' away....I did increase the font size. I had both cards hooked up s-video cable to front input jacks. Will DVI make much difference with this setup? I would like to be able to record tv shows.

Does anyone have a pc hooked up to their wide screens and what setup do they have....video card etc.? Or can someone point me to the best place to get the info?
I would like to only change the video card if possible.....If I can get the picture right, I may invest more in bigger hard drive, etc. Thanks.... :)

Unless you have an LCD HDTV, don't connect a PC to your TV. It will burn into the screen, as most PC stuff is comparised or static images. It will also look like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts