"info" on programs - confusing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is/was an ongoing effort to see one or two changes made and to update the status.

This response always baffles me. Its as if certain complaints are off the table. Complain about the PQ. Check. Complain about the content. Check. Complain about how slow the HR34 is compared to the HR44. Check. Ask for more data and a better recording option. You Communist! How dare you! Go back to where you came from! I had a similar response in another popular satellite forum when I brought this up. The resistance was striking. It was like I killed their mother, rapped their wife, and kidnapped their only child. It’s a COMPANY that people pay their hard earned dollars (I would guess an average would be close to $1K per year) to a provider for a service. If you lose your job, D* isn’t going to find you another. If you get hurt and are hospitalized, D* isn’t going to pay your hospital bill. I like D*. I also liked E*, but I hold no loyalty or have any emotional attachment to either. This isn’t about trashing D*. When the DVR experience can be better for the whole, I don’t understand why there is so much resistance and pushback.

This is why we must let things go, both on here and with dealing with Directv. Both places have people who simply refuse to accept that the best can't improve. Most people, including myself, who have the issues in this thread have stated that the PQ is great and the programming is better (Except the lack of Pac12). That goes unnoticed but people come out of the woodwork to be like "leave if you don't like it." The Hopper is HANDS DOWN a better unit than the Genie. If Dish had the PQ and Sunday Ticket, I would be there. They already have Pac12. And their HD is free, although you get what you pay for. There is no reason that the company that has the best programming and PQ can't have the best DVR.

There is evidence on here that the missing show information not the programmer's fault. Tribune has the correct info and they send it to everyone including Directv. Nothing is clearer in this entire situation than the fact that Directv has the issue - be it faulty software, laziness, an error - who knows? Who cares? The blame goes to them, there is not a single reason why they can't fix it. That is all I have to say. Is missing guide data worth leaving a company over? Not to me. The slow inconsistent HR34 is, though, should it ever come down to that. What's the point of having the best PQ and programming if the device you use to access it doesn't work 25% of the time?

It is/was an ongoing effort to see one or two changes made and to update the status. This response always baffles me. Its as if certain complaints are off the table. Complain about the PQ. Check. Complain about the content. Check. Complain about how slow the HR34 is compared to the HR44. Check. Ask for more data and a better recording option. You Communist! How dare you! Go back to where you came from! I had a similar response in another popular satellite forum when I brought this up. The resistance was striking. It was like I killed their mother, rapped their wife, and kidnapped their only child. It?s a COMPANY that people pay their hard earned dollars (I would guess an average would be close to $1K per year) to a provider for a service. If you lose your job, D* isn?t going to find you another. If you get hurt and are hospitalized, D* isn?t going to pay your hospital bill. I like D*. I also liked E*, but I hold no loyalty or have any emotional attachment to either. This isn?t about trashing D*. When the DVR experience can be better for the whole, I don?t understand why there is so much resistance and pushback.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed or could be made better by either company, I'm simply saying as I read it everybody that is still on going with this thread is making 0 head way and it's getting border line smashing each other. People are being called liars, and he said they said they do they don't. It is what it is, do I like some things dish does with their guide? Yep. Do I like something's directv does with theirs. Yep. At this point previous dish subs are asking Directv to replicate what dish does. Why? They're 2 different companies. They have to have things that set each other apart. I've been stuck scratching my head asking why they've done something here or there but it's all about making themselves different whether it's for the better or worse

If that is so then why does it take Tivo sometimes 3 days longer to update the college football games from "TBA" than other providers?
My HR34 this week updated the 2:30 ABC game on Wednesday to reflect the right game whereas the Tivo took til Friday night (both do updates daily)

I’ve never dealt with Tivo, so I can’t answer that. Perhaps it’s the Tivo?

exactly. Companies lie to customers. Plain and simple

Seriously, Iceberg? C’mon, you’re better than that.

Do companies lie? Of course. But making that statement makes no sense in this instance. What does TMS have to gain in limiting the info they send to D* vs E*? So play out this conspiracy that TMS is withholding info and has it in for D*. Wouldn’t you think that D* would have taken legal action against TMS for withholding info, especially when D* is aware of the issue?

This is why we must let things go...

I agree. Defensiveness is winning out over pro-activism. Even though I felt it was for the good of the whole, I wasn’t looking for gratitude for pursuing this. I just want to make the DVR experience the best it can be, selfishly, for me, but if it can help the whole, then the more the better. Maybe I didn’t convey it correctly or clearly. That can easily happen on the Internet.

Out.

I appreciate the efforts to improve. I suspect that Directv will do nothing about it, but at least an attempt was made. I hope that it's continued, I will continue to bug them about it, too. I know that many people who would never post on here have the same issues we're having. I have referred 3 people to Directv and 2 have already left due to the absolute piece of junk that some of the HR34 receivers are. In general, I am a Directv fan and the issues addressed in this thread are minor but they are important, especially if they expect anyone to stay on board with $25/month for a RECEIVER.

I appreciate the efforts to improve. I suspect that Directv will do nothing about it, but at least an attempt was made. I hope that it's continued, I will continue to bug them about it, too. I know that many people who would never post on here have the same issues we're having. I have referred 3 people to Directv and 2 have already left due to the absolute piece of junk that some of the HR34 receivers are. In general, I am a Directv fan and the issues addressed in this thread are minor but they are important, especially if they expect anyone to stay on board with $25/month for a RECEIVER.

I agree with most of this post, but not all of it ...
You don't pay $ 25 a month PER Recvr.
The $25 is the bundling of 3 things, HD fee (which most get free by asking) DVR fee, that is a one fee for ALL recvrs on the account, NOT each one and the WH which some have and others don't.

I don't pay $25 per recvr, never had, never will.

While everyone touted the HR34 as the way to go when it came out, I did not ... It's been out for 2-3 years now, I still don't have one.

I agree with most of this post, but not all of it ...
You don't pay $ 25 a month PER Recvr.
The $25 is the bundling of 3 things, HD fee (which most get free by asking) DVR fee, that is a one fee for ALL recvrs on the account, NOT each one and the WH which some have and others don't.

I don't pay $25 per recvr, never had, never will.

Oh, I don't/won't either. It shows as 3 separate charges on my bill, but only the DVR service is actually paid. Free HD with autopay and the $3 has always been credited back. I didn't have DVR during my brief stint with Time Warner Cable because it was $14.95/month or something like that. I wouldn't pay that so I certainly won't pay $25!! I truly don't think people don't have a clue that they pay $25 for a receiver.

Oh, I don't/won't either. It shows as 3 separate charges on my bill, but only the DVR service is actually paid. Free HD with autopay and the $3 has always been credited back. I didn't have DVR during my brief stint with Time Warner Cable because it was $14.95/month or something like that. I wouldn't pay that so I certainly won't pay $25!! I truly don't think people don't have a clue that they pay $25 for a receiver.

You don't pay $25/month for a receiver!

New customers pay $25/month per account for the Genie. The rest of us pay something like $19/month per account, without discounts.

New customers pay $25/month per account for the Genie. The rest of us pay something like $19/month per account, without discounts.

ONLY if they pay for the WH and full price for HD access that most of us get free.

So thats $3 for WH and $10 for DVR fee, so that $13 OFF that 25 you quoted.

Also remember thet the DVR fee is paid ONCE per account, so in the istance of those paying $25 per recvr is incorrect as it may at most without any discounts be $25 for the first recvr, but the DVR fee is not on the rest of the recvrs, n or is the WH fee, as far as I know the WH fee covers the whole account as well. So your really not paying $25 per recvr.

Your not paying ANY UPCharge for any recvrs after the 1st one.

It's too much. $25/month is simply too much. Cable is cheaper! (I know in some areas it's comparable, but it's still way too much!)

Cable is cheaper? Have you actually done the math comparing all of the fees?

It's too much. $25/month is simply too much. Cable is cheaper! (I know in some areas it's comparable, but it's still way too much!)

My Cable system charges $18 PER RECVR.

So for my 4 dvr's thru the local Cable Company it would cost me $ 72 for just the recvr fees, thats not including the programming.

Cable varies significantly by provider and region. It's really not apples to apples. The issue of cost isn't really what this thread is supposed to be about, my bad for going there.

New customers pay $25/month...

Yep.

My bill:

Extra no locals - $67.99
Advanced receiver monthly - $25.00
Additional TV – 1 client - $6.00

Fees:

Primary TV - $6.00

Adjustments and credits:

Extra no locals 24-month instant rebate Months 1-12 - $31.00 CR
Advance receiver 12-month discount - $10.00 CR
Primary TV fee - $6.00 CR

I’ve never dealt with Tivo, so I can’t answer that. Perhaps it’s the Tivo?
no its Tribune...again you said it that they send the same info to all providers (your words not mine)

Seriously, Iceberg? C’mon, you’re better than that.

Do companies lie? Of course. But making that statement makes no sense in this instance.
Why not make that statement? Unless you're paying Tribune for their services (like the providers do) they can tell you everything they want to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.