INHD question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I know INHD is owned by COX/Time Warner/Comcast. But since its supplied by Satellite, isn't it to be offered to all satellite providers after a certain time? I was just wondering.......(or should I say praying?)

If you ask INHD they'll say it is available to satellite, but to DBS they are asking high sub fees, thus keeping it off satellite. DirecTV has had talks with INHD but nothing has come out of it. So far voom seems to be the only company actually fighting this issue, see this thread here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32129

Well, so there is just so much HD programming out there, they know it, burn some bridges........later on.......they'll beg someone to carry their programming. Fine. I'll wait.......... :mad:

Barneypoo69 said:
I know INHD is owned by COX/Time Warner/Comcast. But since its supplied by Satellite, isn't it to be offered to all satellite providers after a certain time? I was just wondering.......(or should I say praying?)

InHD can be picked up by any DBS porvider. Neither D* nor E* nor V* have gone there yet. As for high sub fees, it's against the law for the DBS providers to have to pay more than what cable companies pay for the channel.

I really do wish D* would get InHD. I've been begging for this channel. My local cable company doesn't even offer it. My best friend has TWC and has it and everytime I visit him I drool over those 2 channels.

Losing access to InHD is the biggest problem with ditching cable and going sat, IMHO. The Macgillivray-Freeman (sp?) IMAX conversions are absolutely phenomenal.

INHD has two of the all around best channels in HD. They are very hard to top. D* will get INHD some day, they are just waiting to see what the FCC will rule in the Voom Vs. INHD dispute. Why waist money on legal fee's when another provider is doing it for you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts