Inhd ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
What ever happen to this channel ? Did Directv win there legal case with Comcast in regards to this channel ?

Obviously not since we don;t have it and they still advertise "only on cable".

geaux1 said:
Obviously not since we don;t have it and they still advertise "only on cable".

Looks like Dish Network might be adding the InHD channel, if so I think that's great and it would obviously open the path way for D* to get it if they wanted it.

CWS_kahuna said:
Looks like Dish Network might be adding the InHD channel, if so I think that's great and it would obviously open the path way for D* to get it if they wanted it.

Definitely not a question of if but when!! Probably not till 07, but on top of having more HD, INHD also shows sporting events from time to time.

I thought INHD was good when I had it with COX:up

If DISH gets it or as it seems already has it, wouldn't hurt to start firing the emails\calls on requesting it. D* will then get the idea

If anyone of any substance from Direct TV happens to read this I hope you are truly embarrassed by the fact Dish is kicking ass re: HD. I hope someone gets fired for the "leader in HD" commercial. INHD on Dish? National Geo in HD and also Food NEtwork in HD soon too. Plus Vooms channels. What the hell is the problem here??? I don;'t wanna hear "we don't have anymore bandwith...blah blah blah.." Turn off some off the new crap you added for your Spanish or Pacific clients and give the masses who have spent $1000's on your HD equipment some freaking channels. Spot beam in nationals in Mpeg4 to the people you can and who have mpeg 4 receivers, swap out the people who don't have them yet and get something done. Waiting till 2007 (late 07' I would bet and that is not a given) is ridiculous. I wish I could get a D* Exec in my living room and slap their damn face. You suck!

I have re-upped for 2 years because I like D* overall but the way this has been planned and handled should cost jobs and if they don't care about Sub w/HD tell us. Then let me out of my 2 year commit so I can go to Dish and enjoy more channels.

Last edited:
Madtown HD Junkie said:
You suck!

I have re-upped for 2 years because I like D* overall but the way this has been planned and handled should cost jobs and if they don't care about Sub w/HD tell us. Then let me out of my 2 year commit so I can go to Dish and enjoy more channels.

Why didnt you just change to E* instead of going with D* for a 2 year commitment if you are so unhappy D* said all along that It would not be untill 2007 before any more national HD programming would be added.
It sounds like E* is resorting to more HD lite with the addition of more channels and more yet to come. ;)

upnorth said:
Why didnt you just change to E* instead of going with D* for a 2 year commitment if you are so unhappy D* said all along that It would not be untill 2007 before any more national HD programming would be added.
It sounds like E* is resorting to more HD lite with the addition of more channels and more yet to come. ;)

Becasue I have been a customer since 1998, have invested $100's in HD, HDDVR's, and SD boxes for various uses, and they are the ones with the ST, though I will not be using it this season due to travel.
Also where/when did they say definitively there would be no more national HD till the new birds fly in 07'?

I rip them becasue I am a customer, if I was not a customer I guess I would not be in this forum comment on them now would I.

The execs who decided that HD-LIL was more of a priority than national HD programming are the ones who should be demoted.

By postponing new HD channels until 2007 they effectively ceded the new HD customers market to Dish. And for what? HD locals that most people can get OTA anyway.

Seriously, doesn't this make you question the judgement and competency of D* management?

bgsmallwood said:
The execs who decided that HD-LIL was more of a priority than national HD programming are the ones who should be demoted.

By postponing new HD channels until 2007 they effectively ceded the new HD customers market to Dish. And for what? HD locals that most people can get OTA anyway.

Seriously, doesn't this make you question the judgement and competency of D* management?

My point exactly:up

HD LIL may not be your priority but from a business perspective to keep even with cable, its a must. I agree I dont need them but look at their profits. Its working. Its not pleasing early HD adopters but its the right strategy. And, they had to do something with the spaceways they inherited from the Hughes purchase. So while I agree more national HD is better for a lot of folks, D* management made the correct business choice.

To backup what Brewer said; if you think HD LIL is not a priority or concern to users, then you haven't be reading the info based on the current and likely subscriber surveys showing that THEY DO want the HD LIL via their DBS providers; they want a true comparison to their local cable companies. The problem is DirecTV got behind by not buying, building and launching new birds fast enough. They are right on time with their plan; it just happens that Dish had space, then acquired more, and got the jump on DirecTV's planned dates; but come 2007 after the next 2 are up; then what; that is what matters most to me. Funny I have been a DirecTV sub since 1996 and don't have nearly the large amounts of money into gear that most do. I have 3 SD receivers from back in the day still going strong; the 1st was a gift from mom & dad ($699) because they did not know it was similar to the C band dish I already had. The other 2 SD ($50 each) and 2 HD units (both less than $250) were bought on eBay at drastic savings to me. I already had ReplayTV's integrated into my setup and I got 3 of those off the SONICblue store for $79 each. I have no issues waiting; there is nothing far and away better that makes it worth switching and starting all over; I did try Dish for 2 years (ended 1/06) and wasn't impressed enough to make an all-out change.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
To backup what Brewer said; if you think HD LIL is not a priority or concern to users, then you haven't be reading the info based on the current and likely subscriber surveys showing that THEY DO want the HD LIL via their DBS providers; they want a true comparison to their local cable companies. The problem is DirecTV got behind by not buying, building and launching new birds fast enough. They are right on time with their plan; it just happens that Dish had space, then acquired more, and got the jump on DirecTV's planned dates; but come 2007 after the next 2 are up; then what; that is what matters most to me. Funny I have been a DirecTV sub since 1996 and don't have nearly the large amounts of money into gear that most do. I have 3 SD receivers from back in the day still going strong; the 1st was a gift from mom & dad ($699) because they did not know it was similar to the C band dish I already had. The other 2 SD ($50 each) and 2 HD units (both less than $250) were bought on eBay at drastic savings to me. I already had ReplayTV's integrated into my setup and I got 3 of those off the SONICblue store for $79 each. I have no issues waiting; there is nothing far and away better that makes it worth switching and starting all over; I did try Dish for 2 years (ended 1/06) and wasn't impressed enough to make an all-out change.

Gosh Charper I knew we had things in common. :) I agree completely. See folks, peace is possible in this world. :p

Madtown HD Junkie said:
If anyone of any substance from Direct TV happens to read this I hope you are truly embarrassed by the fact Dish is kicking ass re: HD. I hope someone gets fired for the "leader in HD" commercial. INHD on Dish? National Geo in HD and also Food NEtwork in HD soon too. Plus Vooms channels. What the hell is the problem here??? I don;'t wanna hear "we don't have anymore bandwith...blah blah blah.." Turn off some off the new crap you added for your Spanish or Pacific clients and give the masses who have spent $1000's on your HD equipment some freaking channels. Spot beam in nationals in Mpeg4 to the people you can and who have mpeg 4 receivers, swap out the people who don't have them yet and get something done. Waiting till 2007 (late 07' I would bet and that is not a given) is ridiculous. I wish I could get a D* Exec in my living room and slap their damn face. You suck!

You have just officially become my favorite poster. Your words (especially the slapping part; reminds me of the scene in Airplane!) have perfectly captured that nebuleus feeling I have in my stomach, concerning the HD status at D* You sir/madame, are to be commended.

Let me be the first to say, Bravo!!

lovswr said:
You have just officially become my favorite poster. Your words (especially the slapping part; reminds me of the scene in Airplane!) have perfectly captured that nebuleus feeling I have in my stomach, concerning the HD status at D* You sir/madame, are to be commended.

Let me be the first to say, Bravo!!

I quess if I was that upset with my service i would change.

bgsmallwood said:

Going with HD LIL was an easy decision. Don't think the customers in these forums that go with OTA for HD are the majority. Most HD customers do not want to go out of their way to install an antenna, run wire, etc...

IMHO, you get more more bang for your buck with HD LIL, any primetime program worth anything is in HD, you also have the NFL, NBA, NCAA, MLB games in HD. I understand the sports are not as frequent, but it's there with HD LIL's.

Don't get me wrong I would like to have FOOD-HD, etc... But it would be more to just say I have it. Give me "24", "LOST", "Law & Order", "Prison Break", "CSI" the NFL, etc... in HD and I'm happy. That is why HD LIL's are a priority.

I say if you want locals in HD, put up a friggn antenna
I did, and get more then what D* would offer me with their LIL

Brewer4 said:
HD LIL may not be your priority but from a business perspective to keep even with cable, its a must. I agree I dont need them but look at their profits. Its working. Its not pleasing early HD adopters but its the right strategy. And, they had to do something with the spaceways they inherited from the Hughes purchase. So while I agree more national HD is better for a lot of folks, D* management made the correct business choice.

The fact is Even if you get HD-LIL from D*, you STILL have to have an antenna to get all of the HD locals anyway since D* doesn't carry all of them, only the big3 or 4. I would still have to have an antenna to get my favorite programming from my local PBS-HD station.

So if you have to have an antenna anyway to get the missing locals how does satellite help you? If providing HD-LIL was a good business plan then they should have put more resources into it and done the job right instead of half-way.

Either way, D* management looks befuddled and indecisive.

vgsantiago said:
Going with HD LIL was an easy decision. Don't think the customers in these forums that go with OTA for HD are the majority. Most HD customers do not want to go out of their way to install an antenna, run wire, etc...

IMHO, you get more more bang for your buck with HD LIL, any primetime program worth anything is in HD, you also have the NFL, NBA, NCAA, MLB games in HD. I understand the sports are not as frequent, but it's there with HD LIL's.

Don't get me wrong I would like to have FOOD-HD, etc... But it would be more to just say I have it. Give me "24", "LOST", "Law & Order", "Prison Break", "CSI" the NFL, etc... in HD and I'm happy. That is why HD LIL's are a priority.

I'm with you on this one! I actually could give away all of the HD programming from D*s package except ESPN and ESPN2 and have my locals and ST HD and I would be happy! If it wasn't for that Giants avatar I would let you in the club. FLY EAGLES FLY !!!:D

Oh and on topic, INHD would actually be cool, MLB games etc..., keep the food, keep NG, i vote for INHD

rkr0923 said:
I say if you want locals in HD, put up a friggn antenna
I did, and get more then what D* would offer me with their LIL
Agreed

I get more HD off OTA in the Madison Area than I would get with Cable. Also given the cost to get Local HD OTA (free) vs Cable (as a D* Sub) and given the fact the signal from OTA is far superior to Cable with no Digital out on their Moxie box, Charter, it makes no sense for a person to sub to D* and not go OTA. Now some markets I am sure the local Cable CO. could offer a better solution than I have here, but how many offer a signal comparable to the OTA in heir area? I would guess no the majority, though I would stand corrected if someone had info on this. Also if they are switching the largest DMA's first to HDLiL, wouldn't those markets be the most likely to offer the best OTA HD as the resources to produce said product would be the more available? I doubt NY or LA puts out a worse HD product OTA than Green Bay or Madison.

So if it is Free and a better signal quality using OTA why should D* try and compete with the OTA offering? And if a person is going to have a HD TV and HD tuner/HDTivo and most likely be somewhat affluent, why would they not spend under $50 in most cases to get OTA reception ? It goes against common reasoning. Now I get some think Antennas are ugly. But if D* wanted to be the king of the hill in HD and offer something for the entire family, which matters in my house just ask my wife (o:, why not offer the channles Dish does. You offer that coupled with the ST and the Sports packages already in place and you have an unquestioned market leader which appeals to every demo.

Beating a dead horse, but...

1) OTA, while optimal, is just not possible for all (if not most). Even if it is possible, it may or may not be reliable enough to suit people's needs.

2) The spotbeaming setup on the SpaceWay birds (originally devised for broadband internet access) do not efficiently cast a CONUS beam, so LIL makes much more sense with these birds.

3) LIL, in general, adds subs faster than any of the non-network HD national channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)