inherited equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
This is post is similar to the previous post about used equpment. My father recently closed his bar and retired. He has given me the 3 SD receivers from the bar and I am moving into a new house that has cables in all the rooms. I want to put the receivers into my girls bedrooms. Do I need to get new cards for them or can they be transferred from a business account to a personal account. His account was closed in good standing so that won't be a problem.

This is post is similar to the previous post about used equpment. My father recently closed his bar and retired. He has given me the 3 SD receivers from the bar and I am moving into a new house that has cables in all the rooms. I want to put the receivers into my girls bedrooms. Do I need to get new cards for them or can they be transferred from a business account to a personal account. His account was closed in good standing so that won't be a problem.

It's totally dependent on which CSR you get when you call in and what kind of day he/she is having. If the units are paid up, there's really no reason for D* to require you to purchase a new card except that the CSR might fall back on the excuse that it's just D*'s SOP to require a new card (and the accompanying $20 fee).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)