Injunction lifted....now what?

psdstu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Marianna, FL
The court has lifted the Distant Networks Injunction, and now those of us in the Short Markets will be allowed to receive our missing channels...... so anybody now what DISh is waiting for????.... didn't they have a plan on what to do if the Court lifted the injunction????......flip the darn switch!!

yes I am resurrecting an 8 day old thread. But Scott do you have any info on what Dish is waiting for to turn on the missing stations for short markets?

I'm more interested in their ability for Significantly Viewed channels... There are a couple of counties in south central Indiana that get both Indy and Louisville markets and I am looking at a weekend getaway home there and want both Indy and Louisville...

If Dish would add the Hagerstown PBS stations to the DC area locals, I'd subscribe.

I'm more interested in their ability for Significantly Viewed channels... There are a couple of counties in south central Indiana that get both Indy and Louisville markets and I am looking at a weekend getaway home there and want both Indy and Louisville...

It would be nice to get a significantly view channel.

psdstu said:
The court has lifted the Distant Networks Injunction, and now those of us in the Short Markets will be allowed to receive our missing channels...... so anybody now what DISh is waiting for????.... didn't they have a plan on what to do if the Court lifted the injunction????......flip the darn switch!!

Anyone?

Other than VT and filling in missing networks in short markets, what advantage does adding SV channels give to Dish? They will never be able to match cable providers in the number of channels and Dish will have to pay SV channels to carry their signals. The only way in which this could be profitable to Dish would be if they charged extra for SV channels.

Other than VT and filling in missing networks in short markets, what advantage does adding SV channels give to Dish? They will never be able to match cable providers in the number of channels and Dish will have to pay SV channels to carry their signals. The only way in which this could be profitable to Dish would be if they charged extra for SV channels.

It would allow them to compete better with cable, as most cable companies carry their SV's, and some people won't switch without them...

Would Dish really have to pay extra to put in a significantly viewed channel in a market if Dish already carries the local in the main market it belongs to?

Would Dish really have to pay extra to put in a significantly viewed channel in a market if Dish already carries the local in the main market it belongs to?

I suppose it depends on the agreement with each channel, but most likely yes. Dish pays a per-subscriber fee to the many local broadcasters for recarriage rights. Ad subs, at cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)