Insignia™ - 50" 120hz 1080p for $500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Hi everyone, I'm looking for opinions on this TV: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insigni...p?id=1218715371871&skuId=6039067#tab=overview

I currently have a 50" RCA Scenium DLP 720p. I'm looking to get something nicer without breaking the bank.
Please let me know what you think? Will I notice a significant difference in PQ, especially when it comes to sports?
BTW, I have DirecTV if that matters and extra features such as wifi, Netflix.. I dont need. Looking for good qualiy PQ and not much else. Hopefully this fits that need.

Thanks!

I have no idea on the PQ of that set, but in the general price range (give or take $100 or so) you are within reach of a 1080p panny plasma that will probably give you much better PQ. There is also a 51" sammy plasma for a bit over $500. Or a handful of Vizio sets that I would trust more without seeing the Insignia.

Just my thinking.

I have no idea on the PQ of that set, but in the general price range (give or take $100 or so) you are within reach of a 1080p panny plasma that will probably give you much better PQ. There is also a 51" sammy plasma for a bit over $500. Or a handful of Vizio sets that I would trust more without seeing the Insignia.

Just my thinking.

Couldn't agree more. If you want the most bang for your buck, go plasma. About the only drawback I see from mine is the heat output during the summer months when my AC is already working over time. Of course I'm in GA and you're in NY so not near the issue.

Plasma TVs have a 600Hz refresh rate which gives an amazingly smooth motion on top of very vivid colors. You can find a Samsung or other name brand at that 50" size for around $500.

I am in Mississippi, so similar weather. My two main tvs are plasmas and I've never had an issue with them heating up a room. They do put out more heat than a LCD but I don't think it would be a problem, especially as he said, since you live in new York.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Good choice! I have two now, and have owned a couple of others in the past that I have sold to friends and family. They have all been fantastic. plenty of panny owners here if you have questions or concerns.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Bought one over the weekend. Initially put it in the living room, then moved the original LCD to the basement to replace the blown DLP. After 5 minutes, the spouse wanted the original LCD back because this one's PQ was too "life like" which annoyed her.

The PQ rivals most brands IMO. the only complaint I have is the location of the inputs (on the side). There is about three inches from the inputs to the edge of the screen meaning you will see some cables.

The one major complaint I read is poor gaming experience regarding some lag. Apparently Insignia is aware and said they'll correct it in future firware updates.

Xbox and Netflix looked awesome, OTA I noticed a lot of artifacts on fast motions.

Cheers, K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)