Install/Auth question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I got my old Hughes Tivo out of the closet and the triple LNB dish that came with it. I plug in the Tivo and it wont go past the gray screen that says "Welcome, just a few more seconds" so therefore I can't reinstall the dish. Why?

With this dish, will I be able to get Myrtle Beach SC locals, if so, what dish in the sky are they located on and will this triple lnb dish pick up that particular satellite?

I called D* and they said they could reactivate me for free but the install would cost unless I did it myself. What motions or new equip do I need? I won't NO NO NO contracts.

Also w/ Directv, is it easy to "move" with them as it is E* or do they have stricter spotbeam rules?

jself1982 said:
What motions or new equip do I need? I won't NO NO NO contracts.

Also w/ Directv, is it easy to "move" with them as it is E* or do they have stricter spotbeam rules?

The best thing for you to do is put it back in the closet and keep watching dish.

jself1982 said:
I got my old Hughes Tivo out of the closet and the triple LNB dish that came with it. I plug in the Tivo and it wont go past the gray screen that says "Welcome, just a few more seconds" so therefore I can't reinstall the dish. Why?

With this dish, will I be able to get Myrtle Beach SC locals, if so, what dish in the sky are they located on and will this triple lnb dish pick up that particular satellite?

I called D* and they said they could reactivate me for free but the install would cost unless I did it myself. What motions or new equip do I need? I won't NO NO NO contracts.

From the terminology that you are using I would suggest you are better off paying to get the dish installed professionally. You don't sound as if you know what you are doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts