install dvr/pvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mmdieter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
central OR
If i wanted to get a 721/510/508 or something, would someone come out to install it or would i have to install it myself? when i got my 811, someone came out...i am good at the wiring behind the tv, but when it comes to the dish wiring i get pretty confused...i know a lot of you don't usually trust the installer guys, but i wonder if i wouldn't be better off with them doing it.

As far as I know, if you order the DVR through Dish directly, they will send someone out to install everything necessary and if you order from a retailer, you either have to install it yourself or pay someone to come out and do the install.

Be aware that Dish would only be able to give you the 510 with the $5 monthly DVR fee. If you want to get a 508 or 721 without this fee, you have to order it through a retailer. Since the 721 is a dual tuner receiver and not much more than a 508 and probably cheaper than a 510 from Dish, I would get a 721 from an online retailer such as Dishstore.net or Dishdepot.com and would pay an installer to come out and install everything necessary, if you don't think you can do it. Don't know how this compares to the average cost but my parents just paid $100 for having a Dish and two receivers installed in their home.

Bimmerbenz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)