Install help please!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

caterpa

Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
I recently purchased d* eqipment and in an effort to reduce the costs to amke this more platable for my wife, I choose to do a self-install.

I have a Phase III dish, HD Tivo, SD Tivo and standard unit(5 outputs necessary of course) I also have a TERK 5x8 multi switch. In additon, I have a Square shooter OTA antenna connected to the multiswitch and mounted on the roof.

I believe I have it all connected correctly but obviously I don't. I tried to aim the dish this afternoon and couldn't acquire any of this sats and wonder about dish position but when I tried to get the antenna to pick up signals that wasn't working either. Something I am missing here?

I wonder about the multiswitch. I plan tomorrow to hook up the sat and receiver directly bypassing the switch to see if that helps. Any other ideas?

I tried all receivers and none can acquire a signal even with changing the dish position. I thought that would help me sort out if one of the sets of cable were bad or the cables connected wrong.

Help! I am not making my wife happy with all thjis She told me today that if this is how D* is going to be she wants to send the equipment back. I want my Sunday Ticket and HDTV!

Use www.antennaweb.org to set the correct direction on the antenna.

When I setup my Phase 3 dish - it did take me a little while to get it "fully" tweaked to get a good signal (now I constantly get 95+).

Is it a Cascadable Multi switch... If not that will be your problem, The triple LNB has a Multi built in and it becomes confused.

Other than that I would say your allignment is off.

Post what your zip code is or City, ST ( or where your at )

Good Luck

You might call your equipment supplier and see if your are still eligible for the FREE install that is part of the promotion for new customers.

Check to make sure that you have power running to the multi-switch. No power, no signal

Thanks everyone for the help. I figured out the problem, I had the antenna input and one of the satellite inputs into the multiswitch reversed. I put the antenna cable into the correct input in the multiswitch and now all is well!

I figured it out by bypassing the multiswitch. Once I determined that antenna and dish were working I traced the problem back to the grounding blocks where I had mispositioned the cables.

Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts