Install is complete (sort of)...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattnstacy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
First of all, I wanted to thank everyone here for all the help they've given me. Being a lifelong cable subscriber, I'm VERY naive about the ins and outs of satellite systems and really appreciate the help. I've been disappointed with the installers so far in that both have been itchy about leaving. The first guy showed up at 4pm (noon-5 slot) and was at the house until 8:30 (left before showing me anything), and the 2nd guy left because his boss called and made him because he had another appt. (When he left my 625 was not working). I understand the workload/travel has to be unbearable but that's their job.

I now have a 322 in my bedroom controlling the bedroom and basement tvs. I also have a 625 in my utility room that controls my living room tv. I'm going to have a friend come over and try to feed the wires from the utility room to the living room so I can put the 625 on the living room tv.

A couple more questions:

1) I'm not sure the installer left me enough dual feed from the dish to make it all the way upstairs to the living room tv. Can I somehow extend this so I can make it upstairs or will they have to rewire that dual feed from the dish to the 625?

2) My goal is to have PIP and DVR working on the living room tv. Where I can record one show but watch another (pretty much like there were 2 tvs). I have only one coaxial input on this tv. I also have an S-video input or RCA inputs. Will this work the way I want it to?

3) Does the 322 support PIP? I'm just wondering if this is the best setup. I have 3 tvs with 2 dual receivers (1 dvr). Will the 625 hooked up to 1 tv have the same capabilities of a 625 hooked up to 2 tvs?

Again, thanks for all the help.

I'd be upset also, in fact before starting to do installs myself I had been in this kind of situation. Usually a result of the installer not being local, they come in from out of area and do the most installs they can in the shortest amount of time.

1) You can add more RG6 coax using barrel connectors but you will have some signal loss. (may not be that bad)

2) The 625 has PIP built in to the receiver using the second tuner. Or you can use the RCA or S-Video method with the TVs PIP

3) I'm not sure but I think the 322 doesn't have PIP built in. And I'm not sure what 625 capabilities you are speaking of.

Hope that helps.

1) They're coming back next week so I'll probably just have them rewire to get the best signal possible. That should make them happy.

2) Let's see if I get this. This is how I can get PIP:
a) Hook the 2 coax outputs (tv1 and tv2) from 625 directly to tv. (uses built-PIP: will work on tv that doesn't even have the PIP feature)
b) Hook 1 coax (tv1) and use either S-video or RCA jacks for tv2. (tv needs to support PIP)

3) I guess I just want to make sure that if I hook the 625 up to 1 tv that I will be able to use the dvr and record one program and be able to watch a different program.

I think I may end up having them switch the 625 and 322 so I can watch recorded shows from 2 different rooms (625) and still use the tvs PIP coming from 2 inputs on the 322. That would just be a simple box switch I think.

1) yeah, I bet they'll love that : )

2)
a)You only need to use TV1 output and you can use integrated PIP. (use TV2 to another TV)
b)RCA or S-Vid are TV1 outputs... and use TV2 output into the coax input

3) Yes you will have full DVR functionality. But you can also hook the TV2 output back into your existing cable and whatever you are watching on the second tuner will transmit to any tv hooked into the old cable system. (good for a guest bedroom, kitchen, etc)
Signal loss is negligible on the TV2 output using old cable wire, the higher the output channel the clearer the picture.

Just a receiver switch would work if you want the 322 moved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts