Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
A short story:

Years back I had Dish come out and install a system. The installer could not find a good LOS.
He explained I would have to dig and bury a cable to a 1 5/8 pole. The installer was very helpful. He showed me where to put the pole and recommended a good RG6 cable. I did this and he came back and installed a 311 receiver and Dish 500 dish. Well times got hard and I canceled.

Now I would like to get Dish again. I need new equipment so I will have to sign a new contract. Was thinking about a Hopper with 2 TVs. One is HD the other is not. I have some install questions and the local retailer was not very helpful with that.

I have a 150ft run of 1 Dual RG6 of Commscope Flooded swept 2.3 Ghz cable. It has a copper coated center. It is buried and will be difficult to replace. Will this be sufficient for the Hopper?

I am told that I have to have clear LOS to 110, 119, and 129. (ZIP is 63670) That is no problem except I only have 2 RG6 cables to the dish. Do I have to run additional cables? Do I have to have the 129 satellite? Is the 1 5/8 pole still the correct size?

Lots of questions.

Thanks for the help
Gray1

pole is good
129 has most of the HD channels
2 cables will run 1 hopper, 2 hoppers would need 3
the 2.3 Ghz from the dish to the node should be good, but you want 3 Ghz from node to hopper
hoppers and joeys will work on SD or HD tvs

If you are already on the WA then stick to a 1000.2 kit, you need the 129 or 72.7 for the hopper to download. Since you are having a tech come out why not just prep the existing line run to pull new line out to the pole for the guy so he can drop you new line so you won't have to worry in the future?

But yeah the line you have from the dish now 2.3mhz should work ok to the Node but you will need 3Ghz from node to the hopper.

If you put the node switch at your pole, the single cable you have will feed one Hopper and a few Joeys if you use a Moca Tap at your house connection to split the cable for the Hoppers and the Joeys.

The hopper only feeds one TV directly for additional TVs to watch separate shows you would need Joey's.

The 2.3 cable is fine until you reach your node (hopper's switch) from there you need a 3ghz line to the hopper. Joey's can run on almost anything really.

*side notes. If you plan on two hoppers or the install needs to use two taps in the hopper line DISH highly recommends all 3ghz cable after the node. With such a long cable run though if you can get away with all 3ghz rg6 you will have much less potential for issues

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)