Install Questions

jailbird

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 11, 2004
First off, I apologize if this has been repeated to death, but I honestly don't know what to search for :).

The installer just came out and installed a dish w/ a dishpro plus twin LNBF pointed at 110/119. He connected it to one 942 w/ a dishplus plus seperator & a 311.

I want to install a second 311 and I want to add another dish to point to 61.5 to get the VOOM channels. I'd also like to hook up my old antenna to get OTA channels.

Besides the second 311, what equipment do I need to get? I assume my old VOOM dish+LNB won't work, so I need to get a new one, correct? To add the new dish & receiver I assume a need to get a switch? A DPP44?

Will I have any problems hooking up the antenna with diplexors with this setup?

Thanks!

call back and tell dish you want a 322 instead of the 2 311's, this will allow you to effectively support 4 rooms independantly, adding the 61.5 dish is done by using a dishpro dual lnbf with a coax run to the dish 500 and connecting to the sat in port on the dpptwin lnbf. The twin has a built in switch that will recognize the wing dish and the receiver(s) will also recognize this convigeration. Be sure to call asap if you had your system installed within the last 2 days, once you hit 3 days or 72 hours you wont be able to get the 322 inplace of the 2 311's and you will be stuck having to buy a new dpp 44 switch, a 311, and possibly the dish pro twin.

You can diplex the ota signal into the sat feed line to the 942 with out any problem unless your tv2 output is already being diplexed into the same line, if this is the case you will have to run a new line for your ota wich really wouldnt be a bad idea.

You will have to replace the Voom dish. So look for a Dish300 with a DP Dual for an LNB.

You will Have to get a DP Twin and a DP34, unless you only want the one wire going to the 942. If that is the case then you will need the DP44.

Diplexors are pretty self explainitory.

As to if you can hook it up, well I can't answer that one :)

Van said:
call back and tell dish you want a 322 instead of the 2 311's, this will allow you to effectively support 4 rooms independantly, adding the 61.5 dish is done by using a dishpro dual lnbf with a coax run to the dish 500 and connecting to the sat in port on the dpptwin lnbf. The twin has a built in switch that will recognize the wing dish and the receiver(s) will also recognize this convigeration. Be sure to call asap if you had your system installed within the last 2 days, once you hit 3 days or 72 hours you wont be able to get the 322 inplace of the 2 311's and you will be stuck having to buy a new dpp 44 switch, a 311, and possibly the dish pro twin.

You can diplex the ota signal into the sat feed line to the 942 with out any problem unless your tv2 output is already being diplexed into the same line, if this is the case you will have to run a new line for your ota wich really wouldnt be a bad idea.

The trick question is... One feed from the LNBF is connected to the seperator feeding the 942. Would I be able to connect the other feed to another seperator to feed a 322? If so, awesome, that would work perfectly!

Nope, I'm not diplexing anything on the 942 feed currently, which is why I want to get another receiver or the 322: To keep from using the TV2 feed on the 942. The 942 is in our bedroom, which has one preexisting RG-6U run. I'm trying to keep from having to run a second line to the bathroom. Anywhere else is fine, however.

Thanks!

xcableguy said:
They should have installed a Dish 1000 with a 942 and 322. That setup would meet your needs.

The Dish 1000 points at 129 also, right? Honestly just aiming at 110/119 was very close due to the edge of the building sticking out. I have a lot clearer shot to 61.5 than I do to 129.

Either way, like Van stated, the 322/942 combo will work perfectly with the DPP Twin on the 110/119 and placing the DP Dual on either the 129 side of a D1000 or a 61.5 D500. Depending on your line of sight, it may work out where you can keep the two dishes next to each other and minimize cable runs between them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)