install ?'s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cindy

Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
I haven't had satellite before and just bought the stuff from Best Buy and arranged installation with the installers they work with. I am a little worried about holes in my walls and cables everywhere. I think we had wiring done when we built the house 2 1/2 years ago but I have been told that the installers will not look for this wiring. Does anyone know how I can confirm that it is in place and find where it is. Also, will the current wall plates I have for cable work for satellite or is there something else I need. From what I am reading here so far I would like to have everything in place that I need so I can have the wiring the way I want it. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

My guess is your house is wired for cable already and if so, the installer should be able to use the existing wires if it is RG-6 cable wired to the rooms that you are putting the recivers in. That of course all depends on the type of equipment that you purchased i.e. dual or single tuner recievers and are you keeping cale or using a cable modem for internetm and whether or not your cable line are accessable. The installer will look for the lines because if they can use the existing cable it will make their job so much easier. Good luck.

If you have a line in every room to the outside Gray Closure box ( where all the cable wires come out of the house ) then you shouldnt have any problem

If you are getting a TIVO then you will have to have another cable routed, which through the wall will be an extra charge

If you dont want the dish attached to the house, it will be an extra charge for a pole mount...

Also, be sure to check and see that the installer grounded your system, you should see a Green wire going from the Ground Block to the House common ground at the meter box...

you can read more and see photos at BASIC INSTALL

Hope all goes well, and you have a great time with your SAT system!

Post the results on how it went!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts