install TODAY - Sunday - question

You are correct.:) If you get locals via OTA you may wish to NOT subscribe to locals, since you will not be able to get them via 129 anyway. Only downside is no guide data. I also use 61.5 - works great for HD for me in Minnesota. Good luck:hatsoff:

All in all if your able to utilize 61.5/110/119 and get HD locals with an antenna, that's probably the best route to go, IMO.

All you have to tell em is look the hole is already there, you just have to get the dirt out ;)

thanks guys- without the 129 i won't get some of the RSN's tho, either.. right? i know some are on 61.5, but not the midwest ones - i don't care about my local rsn (chicago) but i'd like fox north and detroit and fox ohio as they show a lot of college hockey games. is that the case (these only on 129) or would they be elsewhere as well?
i appreciate everyone's help and i've learned a lot!

the installer will provide all cabling for remote tvs and in most cases run them inside your walls and install wall plates if he has access to your attic or basement and your walls are hollow. for TV one you will have to provide your high def cables like composites or HDMI , tv 2 will be hooked up with standard RG6 or RG11. most of the time , the installers are nice enough to install the OTA if the cabling is readily accesyble and doesnt take them too much time but its completely up to the individual installer.

imho the biggest concern will be where the dishes will be installed. during the last install in my house, installer screwed dishes to an awning that had rotting wood so i had to reposition the dishes myself, kinda defeats paying for installation. make sure to point out good structural points on your houst for the dishes to be set and dont sign the yellow completition sheet unless you are absolutely satisfied with all aspects of the install, if you have doubts , call dish network customer care prior to signing while the installer is there , once you sign, you basically cant conplain about the install anymore.
Who did you pay for installation?..Nobody pays me except on custom work. BTW what you described with the wall fishes and the like i scustom work..That means it isn't free..When I go out on a DNSC w/o(I am a sub) I don't collect on standard installs. As for your awning install..Hate to sound mean. Your fault..You allowed a starnger to attach a hunk of metal to your home and you failed to require a consultation with the tech prior to his starting work. I do this as a courtesy for each customer. I don't start work unil the customer is walked thru the entire job...

Last edited:
Just keep in mind it's not a FREE install. It's a free BASIC install.
The post you are responding to is scary...RG-11?!!! What in Sam Hill is this guy talking about?..I have seen RG 11 used in diect burial applications where a long service drop for cable tv is required. Never seen it used inside a residential home.
So many believe the word "free" to mean anything the customer wants on an install is no charge.. Quite frankly I cringe every time I hear the word "free".

The post you are responding to is scary...RG-11?!!! What in Sam Hill is this guy talking about?..I have seen RG 11 used in diect burial applications where a long service drop for cable tv is required. Never seen it used inside a residential home.
So many believe the word "free" to mean anything the customer wants on an install is no charge.. Quite frankly I cringe every time I hear the word "free".

You bet!

All they hear is the free, they never hear the basic part. Just had it today. Customer needed 120' of cable burial. I said he had to pay. First words out of his mouth. "I was told installation is free"

NHL CI HD channel 549 tonight

Packages

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts